Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discuss!!!

Discuss!!!

Too much attention is paid to and too much money is spent on keeping pets, while people throughout the world are starving.

discuss the arguments for and against keeping pets???

DOH! didn't know there was a reason not to keep pets
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Humans, animals and pets (and the trees and the stones) are one world and one nature.

Humans are the ones who have responsibility for that nature. This means their human sisters and brothers and also their animal sisters and brothers.

If they neglect and kill the other players in nature then at the end they will kill themselves.

This is a plain and simple answer that tries not to be provocative while your question comes over plain and simple but is meant to provoke.

Too much attention is paid to and too much money is spent on keeping pets, while people throughout the world are starving.

Well, that certainly is a bold statement coming from someone who has a dog and a cat. What are you going to do if one of your pets needed medical attention?

As for the starving people in the world....I'm not even going there because my opinions are strong and would make people angry if I posted them here.

Actually, I think this thread belongs in the Doghouse.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I agree with Slick. This is a thread I can't even express my opinion of.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

I certainly don't think that too much attention and money are spent on animals! As Barbara points out, humans, nature and animals are one big family and we should all make an effort to to live in harmony.

I don't think caring for animals will have any effect on how many people are starving in the world.

A lot of animals are now extinct, this affect the rest of the nature, and if people continiue to ruin the nature, we'll all pay for it in the end. In fact we already are!

Do you ever think of coming generations?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

This is a ridiculous statement. What happens when one of your pets needs medical attention? Do you say "Sorry Scrappy, there are starving people in the world so I'm not going to spend my money on you"?

I have more of a problem with game shows giving away expensive prizes and money to people who are obviously well-off enough to travel to places like LA or NYC. Try chewing on that.

Boy are you in the wrong place! There will always be starving people, regardless of pets. So what do we do, not have pets? Then animals will run the streets wild, but we can't spay/neuter them because that costs money, so what do we do? Let's let the millions of starving dogs and cats roam the streets and continue to reproduce, does this make sense to you??? People spending millions of dollars on material items are the ones you should be taking to. This really does belong in the doghouse

Discuss

I am just beside myself that anyone on the this web site would even start a Thread like this ..
    I have to state that Slick took the words right out of my mouth..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Re: Discuss!!!

Originally posted by vampire_87
    Too much attention is paid to and too much money is spent on keeping pets
    No such thing.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

hmm, I have a feeling we are feeding a troll?

Jen

Well that figures & with the name they have fits & needs to be bumped.. Its these ones that using up our presious space..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

lvpets I agree 100%. I got upset at first, but then thought why would someone join a forum and start such a thread as a first post. To upset people of course! Not worth our time and energy.

discuss the arguments for and against keeping pets???

Am I just being naive? I assumed this was done tongue-in-cheek because of the confused icons.............
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Originally posted by Brody's Mum
    Am I just being naive? I assumed this was done tongue-in-cheek because of the confused icons.............
    Maybe you're right, and I just jumped to a conclusion. If that is the case I apologize. I just thought it was odd that someone would make this thread their first post. Hope I didn't upset anyone