Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does your litter box say about you?

What does your litter box say about you?

I found this in the latest issue of my I LOVE CATS magazine. (www.iluvcats.com)
    Thought is was really cute!
    What your litter Box says about you.
    Type of CatBox:

1- Open Box, no lid-
    You have no shame or no olfactory nerves.
    2-Catbox with lid. You feel you have something to hide....like the fact you don't sift the litter often
    enough.
    3-Catbox with lid, charcoal filter and door.
    You have highly developed sense of awsthetics... or you erroneeously believe that your cuttting down
    on the stench of used cat litter.
    4- Catbox with electronic litter-sifter. You are what my mother used to call a real "miss Priss". Are
    you sure you like Cats?
    5-More than one catbox.
    Sucker. I bet you buy your felines fresh mahi-mahi and let them sleep on you pillow all night, too.

How often do you clean the CatBox:
    1-Shovel once a day, sanitize box and change litter every few days.
    You are a farely normal human being who cares about your cat.
    2-Shovel several times a day, keep box scrupously clean, use liners, and deoderizers and a mat
    underneath to catch spills.
    3-Shovel when it stinks or its showing or the cat starts to pee on the floor, dump old litter once a
    week whether it needs it or not, whaddya mean sanitize?
    You are a single heterosexual male with no girlfriend, who eats pizza every night and plays cards on
    the weekends at your friends houses.
    4-Oh, I don't remember when I did it last. Why do you smell something?
    You are an elderly lady, with one litter box and 40 cats.

What kind of litter do you use?
    1-Whatever is on sale.
    Your cat is easy or you're cheap.
    2-Scoopable cat litter
    You had a bad experience once when you tried to flush the bargain litter, you clogged the toilet, the
    floor flooded, the ceiling below collapsed, and for 3 years your entire home stank of cat pee
    whenever it rained.
    3- Exotic odor - diminishing pellets that smell like pine trees or moth balls.
    You are spending way to much money... and no cat of my acquaitance will do their business in a box
    full of hard, round objects. The hate the scent and the pellets hurt their paws. Check behind the
    couch.
    4-Biodegradable, flushable,natural, unscented cat litter make from Indonesian corn cobs.
    Your cat's name is William Burroughs and you went to Woodstock.

Where you keep the Cat Box:
    1-In the Master Bath
    Your cats are more like family members than pets.
    2-In the kids bathroom.
    You don't like your cats....or your kids.
    3-In the guest bathroom
    You really, really hate having company
    4-In your bedroom, living room. or in hallway, in plain site.
    You live in NY city and have a minuscule bathroom
    5-One in bedroom, one in living room, one in hallway.
    You are sick and need help
    6-In the basement
    You are the type of person who throws everything in closets and bathtub when company comes
    thinking noone will know what a slob you are.
    7-You don't have a catbox, b/c your cats go outside.
    Checked behind the couch lately?
    8-You don't have a catbox b/c you have trained your cat to use the toilet.
    You're angling for a guest shot on Oprah.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Staci these are cute! LOL! I am sort of compulsive about my cats. I have two boxes (one for each kitty) and they are in the basement (keeps Bella away from the "prizes" in the boxes) and they go down through a cat flap in the door. I scoop at least once a day, sometimes more if I find myself back in the basement for something. I figure if I had to "go" in a box I would want it to be clean! I know, I am a hopeless case and my kitties have me wrapped around their paws! The sad thing is I allow it!

LOL!! How funny!!!
    I'm a Sucker who spends way too much money on the cats (family members.

Thanks to BCBlondie for this great signature!

loved this - I find myself in a couple cat-a-gories. It does boil down to one thing - litter is so XX@@@!!! expensive!!! But they're worth it

Shais_mom! So funny!!!

I have to admit that Fister's litterbox is in the corridor, luckily it's a long corridor (about 10 meters) and the box is open. I also have to admit that Fister has trained us to empty it every time he's been in it - but it's easy because we're using litter which (just had a look) is a natural product, it's quite small grey grains and can be used for rabbits and other small animals as well. The good thing about it is, that it's scoopable? (lumps together) and very small - he likes that! I just tip the box a little and I can scoop the lump with my little shovel. Even though it's more expensive, it's probably cheaper in the long run. We empty the whole box about once a week and clean it.

When I was an au pair in England many years ago, I made a real mess! They had 2 cats which they left with me for 5 days while going to the countryside. I emptied most of the litter in a dustbin and the rest went into the toilet. It overflowed of course and I panicked! The water came out in the kitchen and everwhere and an hour later the old lady living downstairs turned up, very angry!! Water was dripping from her ceiling.
    Good grief! What an experience!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    So funny! I send this out to all my cat loving friends all over the globe...

We're having a litter box for the angels on every floor (imagine them having to go downstairs when they have to use it?), for each cat one (Eddy has Feline Leukemia, so she has her own box and stuff). They're under the stairs, hidden for visitors who think I'm a nut anyway. And I scoop all day long (scoopable litter that's way too expensive but natural and we're all very happy about it) otherwise the dog's head sticks inside the boxes non-stop.

Former User Guest
    We probably have the cheapest litter, but it works! We just bought it first to see how it is, and we think it's okay. We scoop it once a day, in the evening, and Casper and Kitty appreciate it, by going to do their business right after we've scooped it, or sometimes even better, few minutes before we're about to scoop it, so we can scoop a freshly laid poop And the smell of it, oh godness me...

Oh, and we have one litterbox, with a lid, but no door, it was busted when we got it. We're getting another litterbox within a few months though...

As always ( ), I have a pic to share...Kitty coming out from the box when she was younger.

Last edited by Former User; 03-06-2002 at 02:06 AM.

My Confession

Ok, its my turn.
    I have one box with lid and filter. (very, very small house) Was in the bedroom in the corner. Shaianne usaually left it alone but Keegan has been another story! She was constantly in it or even once she got in it so far she couldn't get out and tipped it over. That was fun!
    So now, my parents have built me a huge walk-in closet and I requested that they put a cubby hole in it so I can put my litter box in it!
    I don't scoop as often as I should but Kylie still uses it, I often pooper scoop b/c she doesn't cover it very well and it makes my eyes water!
    I use either litter pearls or Odorlockers cat litter. I really like both. I really like World's best cat litter but it was sooooooo expensive.
    I like to use the crystals when I go away cause it absorbs really well.

5 litter boxes

I have 5 with scoopable litter. 3 on the porch (there is a door flap in a window) and 2 inside... 1 guest room and 1 in an abandoned storage closet. I clean them once every other day. I call it kitty litter patrol. The cats follow me to watch the process. I use the same litter for months on end. So it doesn't end up being too expensive for me. I toss the entire thing every six months. By the way, I put a ton of litter in each box, so the initial investing is quite high, but the upkeep low. My cats do select the cleanest box to use - I have watched them jump from one to the other. With two cats, I need that many. The ones on the porch don't get as much use on the cold days. So there ya go. Now you know my deepest secrets about my life as a cat owner.

Here is Kylie using her closet.
    The better picture didn't show up on the site but I have it on film

Too funny!!! I love all the possible choices!!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

ROTFL - Staci, that is just so funny

Like the others I appear in most catagories!!

We have only one litter box - it's called POOH HOUSE.
    It did have a lid on when we bought it - but Ketchum was afraid of the dark!!! Made for huge problem
    So off came the lid - one very happy furboy resulted.

We keep P.H. in the utility room, with washing machine, freezer and dish washer - it keeps all the mess in one room!!!

Lynne

With my extensive furkid family, I made 3 boxes all of wood and other scrap materials, and placed 2 of them in the bathroom and one next to the front door. I could purhcase cat litter, but instead, use sand, because there is plenty of that around here, and the "price is right". The boxes are large. The largest one is 38" long x 19" wide and 5" deep. It holds about 15 gallons of sand, and weighs too much to carry out of here, ( probably close to 100 + lbs). So, I put wheels on all of them with turnable front axle, with swivel castors on the other two, and a pull rope. 'System works well. They get dumped about every 2nd to 3rd day, and refilled with fresh sand.

........wayne

LOL LOL That was cute!!

Uhh....my litter boxes are in the kitchen...what does THAT mean??!!LOL LOL

How do you like the I Love Cats subscription? I hadn't seen that before and I might subscribe....

That was so cute. Thanks for posting it Staci. I love the pic of Kylie using her potty closet.

A friend of mine installed a cat door in the bottom cabinet of a bathroom she doesn't use. She put the litter boxes in the cabinet and even installed a light in there. That is something I really want to do when I own my own house. It works out really well for her.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya