Thread: My first Agility trial in forever!!

My first Agility trial in forever!!

This weekend my Aunt Ellen took me to an NADAC agilty trial in Detroit, MI. She has 3 yellow labs (Indy,Robert and Dixie) and the cutest little Basenji, Jack russell,border terrier mix named Chamois (pronounced Shammy). This weekend she brought everybody but Dixie (she went into heat) and let me run Robert all weekend. I haven't done agility for about 2 years, I took Micki to her beginners classes 2 years ago and ran her RB girl Belle a couple of times before that. The girls Indy and Chamois won't run for anyone but their mom but Robert will go for anyone so I got to have a little fun

Our first run on Saturday was tunnelers, Robby becomes a crazy dog when he sees tunnells, he absolutely Loves them! He hasn't done agility in a couple of years either, he became the best Novice dog in the state in 2001 and hasn't been run at all after that. He did amazinly well the whole weekend, I was soo proud of him! We had 8 total runs, 4 standard, 2 tunnelers and 2 jumpers. Out of the 8 runs we qualified 5 times and all five times we got a place. They were 15-20 dogs in his class and we placed all five times he qualified. We got a FIRST place in a standard run, 2 SECONDS in jumpers (one Sat. one Sun) a THIRD in a standard run and a FOURTH in tunnelers. Not bad for a dog and handler that haven't done agility in years I was soooo proud of Rotten Robert, we did have 3 non qualifying scores though...one time he totally missed the dogwalk contact, he flew off the teeter in another run and the last run of the day (tunnelers) he totally picked his own course and didn't listen to a thing I had to say...rotten boy

But I had a GREAT weekend...it makes me wish Jack would hurry up and get older so I can do agility with my OWN dog! I would have stolen Robert but he likes to eat puppies he bit Mini in the face about a year ago and he doesn't like other dogs getting in his face.

But thanks for letting me share my weekend, I really had a great time with Meeester Bobert! Oh and what a bad person I am for forgetting the camera!

Oh I almost forgot! I met an Edley Pooka Swiss Mt. Dog....I probably totally butcherd the name...but the smallest Swiss Mt. Dog out of the 4 varieties, he was only 3 months old and looked just like a Greater swissie but a lot smaller and with a docked tail, very cute! I've never even heard of them before!

Hehe...I just did a google search and this is the real name....Entelbucher Mountain Dog ...when the lady said it I swear it sounded like Edley Pooka...she did mention the nickname was the Booger dogs

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Sounds like you had an AWESOME time! I have always wanted to do agility, I think that it would be so much fun!!!

Steph and Jes

What fun! Sounds like you guys did very well. I did get a a chuckle when you said that Robert picked his own course for the tunnels and wouldn't listen to a thing you said. I can just picture it now. Glad you had a good time!