Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food Fasting Blood Test??

Food Fasting Blood Test?? **update on page 2**

I have a blood test to check my blood sugar tomorrow and I can't eat anything and to check something else, too that starts with an L and I cannot remember what. Lymhnoids maybe?? I am used to getting my blood taken but sometimes I get all nervous about it.
    Last edited by luvofallhorses; 08-18-2005 at 06:27 PM.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

As a veteran of taking blood tests, I think the word you're looking for is "lipid". Something about blood cell count. I can't stand it when I have to fast for one of these tests!

When I had my bloodsuger test done they always ran a test on my liver too. A liver function test. So it is probably that. fingers and toes crossed that both your blood sugar and the other test comes back normal. Mine didn't. My blood sugar was a 28 when it was suppose to be between 4 & 7. Spent 2 weeks in the hospital getting it stablized and arranging and rearranging my diet to stablize it. Not fun also ended up on insulin, 2 shots a day.

I am sure yours will come back fine.

(((((((((((((KRISTA)))))))))))))))

Michelle & the girls

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Since it is normally around 2 in the afternoon before I am ready to eat anything, fasting don't bother me.. I go to my doctors a lot around 1 and he'll tell me I need to come back when I haven't eaten and he is surprised when I tell him all I have had is coffee (no cream or sugar) and water that day. I am NOT a early eater but WATCH out in the late afternoon and night!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Hope everything goes smoothly for you. I've always hated
    fasting for a blood test. I get weak & lightheaded if I miss any
    meals. Seems they schedule these tests too late for me.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I just had one of those done not too long ago...I'm getting the results on Thursday. I'm more scared about the results than the actual test!

I used to get so scared before having blood tests, as they seemed to always have trouble finding a vein, and I got poked and prodded way too much, but after having my children, my veins seemed to have changed, if that is possible, because now I never have a problem, so I no longer really fear them, it is such a tiny wee prick and if you get a good Phlembotomist you won't even feel it at all or the changing of the bottles, which can hurt a little at times.

Good luck all the same, and just go down early in the morning,. and take a museli bar or something you can snack on immediatley afterwards.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
    I'm more scared about the results than the actual test!
    Don't be, if there was anything out of the ordinary they would have contacted you with a couple of hours. If it have been a couple of days or more you can be sure everything is perfectly fine.

Originally posted by carole
    and take a museli bar or something you can snack on immediatley afterwards.
    I wasn't allowed to snack on anything afterwards. I had to go have a full normal meal. No snacks. It may be different there though.

Originally posted by kittycats_delight
    Don't be, if there was anything out of the ordinary they would have contacted you with a couple of hours. If it have been a couple of days or more you can be sure everything is perfectly fine.
    That actually makes me feel better...it's been since March, and the Dr hasn't had an opening to discuss things until now. You'd think they would call me and say if I had anything major wrong with me before now!

These tests are always a pretty good idea. I did damage to my liver a few years back, and if I had my way I'd be getting tested every year. You'll be ok, if you get squimish, just don't look at the needle. I can't look at it, the sight of my own blood makes me ill with panic.

I mean't for her to snack on something until she gets home to have her full breakfast, from what I know it only matters that you do not eat anything before hand, infact around eight hours or so before the test, afterwards you can just go back to normal.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

If it is a full blood glucose test you have to fast then have blood taken, eat a full meal and more blood taken 1 hour after you eat. I have had this done several time. The first time being when I was diagnosed as diabetic and then I have had one done once a year since. When it is a blood glucose test then you are usually told not to leave the hospital at all. You have your blood drawn then eat at the hospital cafeteria and then retest. It's a huge pain in the butt cause the cafeteria usually doesn't have a whole variety and it must be full meal. And the food is usually pretty nasty too. LOL

Good luck Krista. I know you will be fine and your test results will be fine too. Lots of hugs

Michelle & the girls

I'm sure everything will be fine, it'll be over with in no time! {hugs} then you can pig out!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

thanks everyone my dad just bought me a buster bar(loaded with sugar) from Dairy Queen..should I wait 'til tomorrow to eat it?
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I would hold off on the Buster Bar until after the test just to be on the safe side. I am sure that everything will be fine. Will be keeping good thoughts of you. I don't like having to fast either.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!