Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck!

Wish me luck!

I've decided to take the job offer from my ex-boss and do his bathrooms.

I just need the money too much... but I am prepared to put him in his place if he steps out of line for even one second. I'm leaving in a few minutes to go over paint options, measure and photograph everything.

Wish me luck that 1) he behaves and is polite 2) I don't cut his head off 3) that the job goes smoothly and I actually get paid what I invoice him (its won't be cheap! )

Already he's rescheduled it from 1:00 to 2:00... then called back five minutes later to reschedule for 2:30. He then tried to change it again and I told him 2:30 was the last change - if he wanted to change it again I wasn't coming. Stay tough Kim!

PS: I look mighty nice too! Spent an HOUR getting ready for this silly meeting. I want him to know I am hapier, and better off without his stupid job!

Good luck! Just keep your mind on the money!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Good luck, I hope everything goes well! Let us know how it goes. Good for you, let him know you are happier now!!! Good luck again!

Lots of Luck Kim. You are a strong woman and can handle him. Don't let him get to you and put him in his place immediately if he steps out of it.

(((((KIM)))))

Michelle & the girls

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

You go girl!! I am sure that in your new clothes, you look wonderful and you will have that extra bit of confidence you will need to show him you mean business and aren't going to take any cr*p from him! Good luck!!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Good luck! I'm glad you decided to go for it. Just think how much fun you're going to have spending this clueless jerk's money. And if you keep your cool (but don't allow him to abuse you), who knows how many other commissions this could bring in?
    Last edited by kuhio98; 08-15-2005 at 05:58 PM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Great! I am glad that you are stepping up, raising the price, etc!

Good Luck!-
    Steph and Jes

Good luck!!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

UGH!!!!!!!

First, I got there on time, and he wasn't home. I sat for half an hour until he pulled in the driveway.

Second, the power was out. He KNEW that when he called me this morning.... why didn't he reschedule for another day instead of later today? Is that why he rescheduled?

Lastly... and you'll love this one... he had bought a new bathmat. It was rolled up and in a long plastic bag. I unrolled it, laid it on the floor. Looked good, and he asked if I was going to put it back in the plastic. I rolled it back up and attempted to put it back in the plastic. He said "oh, it loks like a giant condom." OMG... I almost died. Half tempted to walk out right there. I told him that wasn't appreciated. I told hubby about it when I got home, and he said I shoud have walked out right then and there.

All I can say is that I am SOOO GLAD I don't have to work with that schmuck any more. I will pick his paints and paint his bathroom... he said he won't be home when I return to paint. Thats the only reason I am continuing this job - because I know I won't be dealing much with him in person from this point.

Make sure you charge him for the time you waited in your car. Those jokes are probably trying to embarrass you, totally ignore it when he does that.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    What a tool. Good luck.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I would have wished you luck, but I didn;t get here in time.

When will you get this job FINISHED? So you can revel in his money. And YES< charge him for that 1/2 hour wait!!!

Oh yes!! Charge for the time he made you wait! At least he won't be around to bother you while you are working. Good luck!!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Wishing you luck.

Good luck. It is a good thing that you will not have to deal with him directly while you are doing that job. Just take his money and get away from him.