View Poll Results: Does she look like a pure JRT?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • YUP! She looks like a JRT through and through! No questions asked!

30 66.67%
  • Nah, I see some sort of mix in her...(please post)

2 4.44%
  • Well, I see a bit of minor things, but she looks like a JRT to me!

10 22.22%
  • Other...(please post)

3 6.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Lexi look like a PURE JRT to you?

1. Does Lexi look like a PURE JRT to you?

I was just thinking about our walk right now, and remembered what a couple said. And then I remembered what people said before too....so I want some REAL opinions now...does Lexi look like a pure Jack Russell Terrier to you? Or does she look like she has a mix in her?

Here are some pics, I think they show off her feature from a couple angles. And yes, besides her tail, because we didn't want it docked...

Just need your opinion, pointless thread though...

well she is a shorty jack correct? when most people think JRT they think parson russle so naturally alot of people would not guess she was a JRT with shorter legs and a longer back, and that with the undocked tail could easily throw someone for a loop.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

3. Yeah, shes a shorty!

She's looks like pure to me!

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I think that she looks like a full 100% JRT!

Steph and Jes

She does look pure to me. Oh my gosh she is so adorable! GREAT pictures Lexi_Lover, I love the one of her on the scooter and in the air.
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

Yep she looks pure JRT to me . She is a little cutie, do you know how tall she is in "s?. And Elvis has the same purple bad cuz .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

She looks 100% to me!! One of the cutest JRTs I know

I think she looks 110% like a JRT!
    A lot of people are only used to seeing what is popular so her longer tail & shorter legs might throw them off.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Yep she definitely looks like a Jack to me. The JRT folks seem to be more concerned with working ability then just looks, so there's more variation amongst Jacks, then some other breeds.

Judes, JRT, Idgie is what some refer to as Puddin' Jack and she looks like a lil' miniature PitBull. She is most definitely a JRT too. All the moles in the vicinity will attest to it.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

150% I agree with Par. As jacks were recently added to the akc and before them were working dogs with no set standard you will get many different jrt looks. Don't be discouraged by people who don't know dogs and get one look set in there head for the breed.
    Edit: Believe it or not, MOST people I've met while with my dogs don't know how dogs get their short tails. They think docked breeds are born that way.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Oh, I dunno. I just think she's the cutest lil' thing. Love the pics.

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

doesn't matter whether she looks pure or not - we know how gorgeous and smart Lexi is

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

Yup! She looks 100% pure JRT to me! I think she looks more Jack russelly than my three I mean Micki's too big and Kyra is way to small...I read that Jack russells are the most popular "mutt" in the world because they can vary greatly in looks and were mainly just bred for their hunting ability. Lexi is definatley a all Jack, look at her jump!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

She looks like a purebred to me!! And the cutest JRT I've EVER seen!!! (And I'm serious!) I love that scooter pic!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins