Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelly update - Friday morning

Kelly update - Friday morning

Good morning, sorry I didn't have time to post this sooner.

I went to see Kelly last night at the hospital and also got to meet her Mom.

Kelly had a bit of a meltdown yesterday - I think that all that has transpired finally hit her. She was so busy being brave before and during the BBQ - that she didn't tell us how scared she was of the impending surgery. It all came out yesterday.

After a good cup of hot tea.........and a visit from a chaplain that fully understands these things - she was much better. The chaplain brought her some literature about exactly this situation - so Kelly isn't unusual.

I thought she looked GREAT! Her Mom said that she looked so much better last evening than the day before.

She hardly uses the pain button now - only right before she needs to get out of bed.

No word yet on when she will be released - maybe she will find out today.

It was wonderful meeting her Mom - we sat and talked about Pet Talk and all of the fun.

Kelly wanted me to be sure to tell everyone thank you for all of your prayers and thoughts about her while she is in the hospital.

She misses you - and we miss her too!

P.S. She is holding "Sugar" her angel kitty that Karen sent to her.

Staci, Kelly wanted me to be sure that you saw this....................

3. Kelly, I'm so glad that you are doing better! You look wonderful! Many prayers are still coming strong, and of course everybody is sending you well wishes! You are being very brave and strong Kelly! Many (((((HUGS))))) to you. KEEP ON FIGHTING KELLY! Hoping for a quick recovery as well.

Love From,
    Paula and THE GANG

Kelly,

I am keeping you in my thought and prayers. Stay strong and we're pulling for you! We love you, Kelly! I hope you're better soon! ****HUGS****

Love,

Krista and the furbabies
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Kelly I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better! And you look great! I can't wait to you get home and come back to us

OMG!! Kelly looks great! I'm so glad that she is at Cedars. They are no doubt taking really good care of her. Thank you so much for the update, Gini! I'm glad that you were able to visit with her and her mom. Send her our love and healing wishes!

**hugs**
    Karen

. gini - you are such a sweetheart for keeping us informed about Kelly - I know she is on the minds of many of us. It is good to see the picture of her and mom, too. I wish I could give Kelly a hug. Thanks again!

Just seeing that picture of those two smiling, lovely ladies warmed my heart and put a smile on my face right back at them! I wish I could zoom zoom right over to give her gentle little butterfly kissies and hugs. But I can't.. so I guess we all will have to leave it to you Gini.. and in the next week or so Karen/Wolflady.. to deliver our love and warm thoughts in person

Kelly looks fabulous. I have LES just seeing her smile. I am sooo happy she is starting to feel better and that Sugar is such a great little kitty angel to help her on her way. Karen you are a genius. I am sending along lots of hugs and prayers and kitty kisses and anything else that will make our Kelly feel better.

We are right here with you sweetie and lovin' you all the way on that recovery road.

((((HUGS))))
    Michelle and the girls.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

You look mah-ve-lous dah-ling!! It's so good to hear that you're improving everyday and hopefully will be released soon!

An emotional breakdown is quite normal I think. I remember after my parents' accident, my mom had the old brave face on from the minute we entered the room, until.....it was a two or three days later and she had to have surgery. That was the end of the brave face for her, so I really think it's quite common. Even my dad cried while he was in the hospital and I have never seen my dad cry! So nothing to worry about there.

{{{hugs}}}
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I can understand completely how Kelly might have a melt down post operation. I am prone to panic attacks and sometimes even though I make it through a stressful situation without having an attack, I will have one afterwards. Makes no sense but then these things have their own minds.

Also it probably wasn't the best thing to have been expecting the paper cut thing and then been faced with operation reality. It makes one think that something is wrong, when in fact each person is going to have a different experience.

Thanks for the update and picture, Gini. Kelly looks good and that is reassuring to us who are inclined to worry a bit.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

{{hugs to Kelly!}}

Thanks for the update, Gini!

Can understand everything. I was very brave before my one and only brain surgery- but not so much after. You just cannot risk lookinbg at it before..... it easier after when you know you survived- and then all the fear comes out.

Accept that it is like that. It is a very tough thing that you're going through and it's ok feeling bad. We are all human- no superwomen

So happy to hear the good update! Kelly looks great and I am glad to hear she is using the pain button less often She is still in my prayers.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

So good to see Kelly's picture!
    Kelly, it's all over but the recovering now!!!
    Prayers still continuing and (((HUGS))) for Kelly and her mom!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~