Thread: What do you think?

What do you think?

My son and I were sitting here enjoying some of the beautiful kitty pictures and a question came up. We'd like to know what you think. Are male or female cats better with children? My son says females are better but somehow I think males. We're interested to see what all of you have to say.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I don't think it has anything to do with the sex of the cat. I think it has more to do with temperment and sometimes breed.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

If you asked me that last year, I'd have said male. Ask me that this year, I'd say its a draw. Its more the personality of the cat, and their temperment.

Female Torties and calicos tend to have more attitude than others, so we often think ALL females are aloof and tempermental. Its a fallacy just like the ones where people think "all males spray". Its a generalization, and you need to know the cat to know how he/she would react to children.

I THINK,THAT IT WOULD DEPEND A LOT,ON HOW,THE CHILDREN APPROACH,THE CAT.
    A MALE CAT,MAY BE MORE DEFENSIVE,THAN A FEMALE CAT,AND LESS INCLINED,TO TAKE A LOT,OF MAULING.

BUT,I AM AM AMATEUR,AS NONE,OF THE FOUND CATS,REALLY EVER SEE CHILDREN.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I also don't think it has anything to do with the sex of the cat.
    My Rb C-fer, a medium long hair gray boy & Rb Captain, a tabby boy, were very affectionate with my boys when they were younger and my Katie girl was and still is.

I agree with Kim that I think it has to do with the personality and temperament of the cat.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I would agree that it has to do with the temperment of the cat and not if it is male or female. Breed too would play a part I would think.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

I used to say males, until I got cats of my own. Meko who is a female is JUST like a dog, loves to be carried, petted, kissed, belly rubs, petted backwards, knows tricks (shake, kiss & ALWAYS comes when called). She LVOES kids.
    Tiki who is a male is good with kids but nothing like Meko. You can litterally do anything to Meko & she just sits there, even nail trims, ear cleanings, brushings etc...

I now think its not the sex of the cat it's the individual cat.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.