Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you have AC?

Do you have AC?

This a pointless thread..... I was driving home from work today and saw on a sign the temp was 105 degrees. I was just thinking how wonderful it would be to have air conditioning in our house! All we have is a swamp cooler. It's nice if you are standing right under it, but the house has 4 levels it doesn't do much to cool all of them. So do you have air conditioning/central air/whatever you want to call it?

Unfortunately, no but we're thinking about getting it..
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Ugh...no but we have a fan...if that counts?

YES! When you live in The Valley, it's an absolute must.

I remember we had to go one summer without air conditioning.. oh my gosh. Complete torture.
    Last edited by GoldenRetrLuver; 07-13-2005 at 06:53 PM.

Unfortunately we don't, all we have are fans and they don't seem to do much at all on really hot days...lol

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I have a window air conditioner in the front window in my living room. In Pittsburgh it can mighty hot & sticky! Unfortunatly the air conditioner in my car died (darn).

Heck yes!

We live in texas. AC is a must.

YES YES YES I live in Florida, we have cental heat and air. All houses built now have central heat and air. It's too hot and humid to not have it. I would die without it.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

A must in Florida. I'd die without it. We almost NEVER, EVER use heat in the "winter"

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Yep, I've never lived in a state where we didn't have ac. I know in germany, I don't think we did. But, here, in south carolina, it's pretty necessary. I know I would have hated it in texas without it. i went about a month one summer with no ac in my car, oh my gosh. it was pointless to even shower if i was going to be in my car. i had to drive like a maniac just to even get a breeze.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Somehow I've managed to live without AC since I have moved to CA, but on hot days like we're having now, I really wish I had it! *sigh*

Oh gosh yes! I can't imagine not having ac! We don't have central air, but the window ac is awesome!

Ok, I've got to ask Amy...what's a swamp cooler?!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Yes!! Thank God!!

In the last apartment, the A/C was always dying, so we were without it most of the time....ugh, that was horrible!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I would not survive without a/c here! However I have lived with a swamp cooler and while it wasn't the most comfortable it was livable so I didn't mind if too much. It was at least very economical. My current apartment just has two window units which cool really well, but the problem is they are so expensive. If I shut them off during the day it's way too hot for my kitties. Once I made the mistake of leaving it off and when I came home it was 102 in the house! My kitties were panting and I had to cool them down with water.

So while my house is nice and chilly I have to deal with VERY expensive electric bills, I would rather have a swamp cooler. However I can't wait until I move out of here and into a place with central air so I can actually set the temp, have a decent electric bill and keep my kitties cool.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

no, we don't. in summer we go to the beach pretty much every day. it's only a 15min walk

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87