Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Batman Begins

Batman Begins

David was off work today so we went and saw it at 4 (today is opening day). The word that immediately comes to mind after seeing it is: Wow

I was not disappointed. VERY intense and dark. But VERY well done. My heart was just hammering through a good portion of it. Christian Bale makes a very good batman/Bruce Wayne, and a very attractive one too . If any of you other Batman fans go and see it you will have to post what you thought!

----

Edit to add:

I was reading some reviews of it (I never read reviews before I see movies because I don't want to read spoilers), and this review REALLy said it well. I will only quote a part that has no spoiler info:

To make another "Batman" movie might seem cynical, but not to anyone who sees "Batman Begins." To see "Batman Begins" is to think maybe this is the way to go: Take an artistically spent franchise, and instead of adding to the series and compromising with the mistakes of lesser filmmakers, pretend as if those other movies never existed. Start at the beginning of the saga, and tell the story again. This time do it right.

"Batman Begins" does it right, and it's the first "Batman" movie to get it right since Tim Burton's "Batman," 16 years ago. Like the first "Batman" it has a dark spirit and an intellectually viable leading man -- Christian Bale, in this case. Unlike the first "Batman," it's not a masterpiece of set design, and it doesn't have a flamboyant villain. Those elements were virtues of the original film, but they became pernicious as a prototype, when subsequent "Batman" movies tried to top the first in terms of both visuals and flouncing, raving villainy.

"Batman Begins" goes in another direction, telling the story as neither a comic book in motion nor as a wild fable, but as the true story of a man who has a series of odd, transformative experiences.
    That whole review is here but it does put in some hints here and there of what you'll see Full Review
    Last edited by K9soul; 06-15-2005 at 06:53 PM.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE ON THE BATMAN MOVIE. I WILL GO SEE IT NOW.

I've went to the movies and seen all the batman movie (love it on the big screen!) and am looking forward to seeing this one too! Thanks for the review!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

My step-dad really wants to see this on Sunday for Father's Day.

Thanks for the good review!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Anna you will have to post or PM me what you think about it! Whenever I see a good movie I always want to talk about it afterwards but David just proclaims it a good or bad movie and is ready to move on and not analyze it . (He did proclaim this one to be "good"). When I was younger and saw movies with my mom we always had discussion about it afterwards sharing our thoughts and favorite scenes and that, I miss that! Kelly I hope your stepdad enjoys it

Since we have two other movie threads going, I may as well bump this back up. I'm eager to see if anyone else saw this and what they thought!

*Living with the Hillbillies* Southern West Virginia
    My brother went and see this movie and said it was really good.

Rob and I want to see it but i don't know when that will be. I love Batman so I am looking forward to seeing it!
    ~Tina~

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I haven't seen it, but, my niece and I want to. We tried to go once, but, we were too late to get in. Oh, well, we'll go soon enough. I only really loved the first one, and, I liked the second one all right. But, I was really looking forward to this one. I'm not a fan of Katie Holmes, though, she always seems like Katie Holmes aka Joey from Dawson's Creek. Does she do all right in this movie? I mean, I think she's definitely eye candy, but, I just have never thought she was a good actress.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

She doesn't play a huge role in it, at least not as far as tons of dialogue, but I think that she does well in her role. I seriously had not a single complaint about a single actor or part of this movie. I've gone to see it twice at the theater now. I just completely and thoroughly got into and enjoyed this movie, better than any Batman movie previously including the first one. The guy who plays the psych/Scarecrow villain is so deliciously creepy but not in a flamboyant way the past villains are. It takes a bit before it even becomes clear who the villains are, and of course the entire movie really focuses on Batman himself and how he came to be.

Originally posted by K9soul
    She doesn't play a huge role in it, at least not as far as tons of dialogue, but I think that she does well in her role. I seriously had not a single complaint about a single actor or part of this movie. I've gone to see it twice at the theater now. I just completely and thoroughly got into and enjoyed this movie, better than any Batman movie previously including the first one. The guy who plays the psych/Scarecrow villain is so deliciously creepy but not in a flamboyant way the past villains are. It takes a bit before it even becomes clear who the villains are, and of course the entire movie really focuses on Batman himself and how he came to be.
    Oh, cool. Holmes was the only reason I wasn't foaming at the mouth to see this. Now, I can foam. I'll be seeing it before the week's out, and, I'll post my thoughts in here. What's the soundtrack like?
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I loved it in the theater, very dark and heart pounding music. I actually have been meaning to pick it up. I love good soundtracks.

By the way, if you haven't seen the trailer you can can see it here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/batman_begins/trailer/

I loved it in the theater, very dark and heart pounding music. I actually have been meaning to pick it up. I love good soundtracks.
    Music alone can bring tears to my eyes and make my heart feel like it's going to pound out of my chest. I remember distinctly at the beginning of "Hero", it literally made me cry. If you'll notice when I started the thread about movies, all three movies I watched yesterday, I mentioned the music. Music moves me just about more than anything else. Music and nature. But, yeah, I love good soundtracks and scores.

By the way, if you haven't seen the trailer you can can see it here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/batman_begins/trailer/
    I had seen it in already in the theaters, but, thanks for the link. It just makes me even more excited, now!

Originally posted by finn's mom
    Music alone can bring tears to my eyes and make my heart feel like it's going to pound out of my chest. I remember distinctly at the beginning of "Hero", it literally made me cry. If you'll notice when I started the thread about movies, all three movies I watched yesterday, I mentioned the music. Music moves me just about more than anything else. Music and nature. But, yeah, I love good soundtracks and scores.
    That describes me too, absolutely perfectly. You know the movie, Dragonheart, was perhaps a bit silly and subpar, but the soundtrack to it gave it a permanent place in my heart . The music to Batman gives me goosebumps, it's powerful, it builds up the scenes perfectly. Each time I saw it I wanted to stop by the store on the way home and get the CD to listen to it more, but I wasn't the one driving LOL.