Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adoption story of our son Jo

Adoption story of our son Jo

As promised on a previous thread (on Indra's birthday), here is the story( and pics) of Jo's adoption.

Today he is turning 20!! So this is a perfect occation to do a little flashback.

We got married in 1979. We tired to have kids from day one, but it didn't work out. From '83 to '85 we lived in the USA. Our best friends there had 2 Korean kids. This is how we decided to try and adopt a Korean kid too.
    This was the first pic we received of him. His name was then Joo Hyun Park

He was a healthy 6 month old boy, staying with a foster family.

3 months later, he arived in Brussels Airport. First pics with mom and dad!

2 pics of his first day with us. On the 2nd pic it is visible that he had been crying

more pics...
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I found the keys, mommy!

Pic taking during his baptism! The priest said he never met such an active "newborn"

yup, playing with my keys again!!

Jo phone home!

On his first birthday! Only 2 seconds later, he walked his first steps!!

In Bruges: I LOVE this pic!! he looked so happy here!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

How adorable.

Happy birthday, Jo.

aww what a happy looking baby!

Happy Birthday Jo!

Wonderful! I hope he has a very happy birthday. (Right now, I am living vicariously through other people's adoption stories as we are officially into the "long wait" part of our process. )

Happy 20th Birthday Jo! Looks like you had a wonderful happy childhood! I know you made your parents happy too!

Happy birthday to Jo! What a lovely story.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Happy 20th Birthday, Jo!! You are a very handsome boy and I know you've made your parents proud.

Thanks for the wonderful story, Lut.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thanks!

This is how he looks now

Lovely story. Jo seems quite content in yours arms from day one. And what a sweet and handsome little man he was. And here he is on his 20th birthday. Still looking very happy and he still has that same sweet and handsome face.

[SIZE=]Happy 20th Birthday Jo. [/SIZE] Have a great day and know how blessed you are to have found such an amazing and caring family to be yours.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Wonderful story. Jo's baby pictures are precious . And now
    he's grown into a handsome young man. You & your husband
    can be very proud of him.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

This is such a beautiufl story. I have tears in my eyes. Jo is such a sweetheart as a baby and has grown into such a handsome young man. I have to laugh though, because I was wondering what he would say if he knew you were bragging about him and putting his pictures on this website. I can hear him now, "oh, Mom!"

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful and heartwarming story.

Lut, what a joy it is to follow your threads about your children.

Not just one happy story - but two!

Happy Birthday, Jo....................what a fine young man you have become. And handsome........WOW! Do you have to fight off the girls?

oh Lut I read all of this you share and have to cry a little! Happy 20th birthday to your Jo!! I remember seeing pix of him holding kitties in the garden and thought what a handsome and sweet looking young who loves cats!!

You are a wonderful mom - so easy to see that! I am happy you have your two children just as your friends did before you!! I have enjoyed "meeting" Indra and Jo.

Thank you for sharing what is precious and special to you - in your posts - your pets, your Bernard and your kids, even your gardens... - love abounds I can tell!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    What a wonderful expressive face! I'm curious to see what he looks like now, are there photos elsewhere in Pet Talk? What a nice tribute to Jo! Edited: duh, I just saw the photo in this thread, he's great looking! and, you know he's a great guy if he's cuddling with a kitty!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer