Thread: Tell me some things you wish your insurance company or agent did differently

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)

Tell me some things you wish your insurance company or agent did differently

Hey, everyone. I am in the final week of training to be an insurance producer (agent) and would like to find out some things that you dislike about your insurance company or the agent that you deal with. Just as a guide for me on what NOT to do. Any stories or thoughts are appreciated.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Return phone calls.
    Offer options that can save the client money.

My last agent "forgot' to call me back a few times. And he acted like I was a complete dummy. Needless to say, he isn't my agent anymore.

Mary

Don't talk to me like I am subpar intelligent. I understand the basics of insurance and just need my questions answered.

An incident that really bothered me....a few years back we had flooding in our basement (12 inches....) as a result of a storm. It was causing me serious breathing problems in addition to everything else (I'm allergic to mold/mildew.) When I called my agent she said...."call when you get it cleaned up." Believing what I see on tv... ... I said...can't you help me find someone to clean this up?....like when you give referrals on auto damage repairs? Look in the phone book she said.....

So much for "good hands....."

Thanks, Mary! Any advice I can get is greatly appreciated! And, that's good advice!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Look in the phone book she said.....

So much for "good hands....."
    No kidding. That stinks! I'm making mental notes on all of this, thank you for replying!

I dont think this will give you ANY advice!

My dad has a rental business and he rents out trailers. Our insurance forbids any renters to have Pit bulls, Rottweilers, and Dobermans. They forbid them, because if they were to bit anybody, the insurance wont cover it.

ANY dog can bit ANYONE, I think it is terrible that they single out Dobermans, Rotties, and Pits
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]