Thread: Direct TV?

Direct TV?

Hubby and I signed up for Direct TV yesterday - its getting installed tomorrow. Anyone else have it, and if so, what problems could arise? My two neighbors have Dish Network (similar?) and love it. They've had no problems, not even during the horrendous windstorms we've had this winter. but hubby chose not to go with the same company since (ackkkk!) they didn't carry Comcast for local sports like the Phillies (eeek!) while Direct TV does. We are getting a zillion channels, plus HBO and Cinemax for the same price as cable. Too good to be true?

We have DirectTV. I love it, although it does take some getting used to with the new channels and the channels being in the 200's and such. We are getting rid of our HBO and Cinemax channels because a.) there's never usually many good movies on them, and b.) it costs more and we don't watch it enough. Otherwise I love it! Although you do do the same thing... "There's NOTHING to watch! (Even though I have 300+ channels...)" Lmao... I love my DirectTV! I have a receiver in my room, so that's why I like it.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

*Living with the Hillbillies* Southern West Virginia
    We don't have Direct TV we have Dish Network. My parents do have direct tv and have had few problems with them. One problem was when they were not getting all of their channels. They finally got it worked out. Other then that it seems to be ok.

We have had no problems at all with Dish Network but I guess it depends what a person likes. I know that Dish does offer local channels to people. But guess not in your case?
    ~Tina~

We have Dish Network - for over 8 years - and we love it. My brother's both have Direct TV because they wanted all the sports packages and I know they love it. I think the main thing is you will love satellite over cable, at least we do. The only time we have an outage is about 5 minutes before a very heavy rain downpour. By the time the rain actually reaches our house our recption is back.

From Decker with Love

We have Direct TV, we had Dish awhile back ago and didn't really like it, but I have heard it's gotten better sense then.

The only problem we have with Direct is when it rains, we can see the rain drops breaking up the signal, but it doesn't last to long in most cases.
    "There's NOTHING to watch! (Even though I have 300+ channels...)"
    That would be our other problem, all those channels and still nothing to watch. We do have local channels with ours and I end up going back to them, more then I thought I would.

Thanks guys! I highly doubt I'll have nothing to watch, as I always find something now, with far fewer channels (just put on an old murder myserty series.. Matlock, Murder She Wrote, Columbo, etc. and I'm happy as can be! ) The onyl time I can never find anythign good to watch is Saturday nights or sunday -- all day. Nothing ever good to watch on Sundays.

We got DirectTV in 2000 so we could get the Packers games! We really like it; if we've lost signal 5 times since 2000 that's a lot. We only lose signal if there is some extreme rain; rarely if it snows very hard.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

We had Direct TV before we moved here, and we loved it. The reception is great. The only problems that we ever had were weather-related, and they didn't last long. (Well, not counting the fact that our first receiver was bad and we had to exchange it.) Right now we are back to cable because we live in the middle of nowhere, and we can't get the networks.

We (my family and I) have direct TV, and LOVE it! We haven't had too many problems with it....

If you have any problems..... just call the company, they'll usually fix it for you, and then it'll work just as well as it did before.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)