Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Prayer Request

Prayer Request

I am posting this in General b/c t isn't totally Pet related. I hope noone has a problem with it. "Keegan's Grandma" My friend who owns Keegan's daddy, has been trying to have a baby for a few years. She miscarried, then when she was pregnant with her 2nd last year, she went into labor early and her baby died after 1 day due to a septic infection. She got pregnant for the 3rd time and wasn't due until March, she has been watched extremely closely. She went into labor on Tuesday and had a 3lb?oz baby girl. She is holding her own. The doctor told her and her husband "You will take this baby home" She still needs all the prayers they can take, and since Keegan is a part of the Pet Talk family and she is the reason I have Keegan, I am hoping you all won't mind praying for her and her husband and baby.
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Prayers are on the way! I had a miscarriage before having my first child and can speak from experience that it is a very hard thing to deal with. I cannot even imagine what this poor girl is feeling right now with all of the losses she has had.

Oh Staci! Of course we will all be praying, with all of our might, that the little baby goes home with Mommy and Daddy. Please let the family know that many are pulling for her! I was 3lbs 2oz when I was born MANY years ago before the many wonderful new advances in premie care. So like the Dr., I have every hope that this baby will go home!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Re: Prayer Request

Originally posted by shais_mom
    I am posting this in General b/c t isn't totally Pet related. I hope noone has a problem with it.
    It is fine to post prayer requests here for people, She, herself is "pet-related" and that's enough for us.

I think I've emailed you before about this friend and her situation, and I will be keeping her, and her baby daughter, in my prayers.

My prayers are offered

My sister-in-law lost her first two children and then successfully gave birth to my niece Lindsey. After Lindsey's birth she again had two miscarriages and just last year gave birth (three weeks early) to Sydney.

It was so so difficult and depressing for her. When she would tell me she had lost her baby I would just privately cry for her.

The Dr. wouldn't tell your friend "this one will go home with you" unless he knew what he was talking about.

I sincerely offer my prayers for the continued health of this little one and for the parents.

Thank you all so much. This means alot to me. You are all wonderful people.
    Yes, Karen this is my friend that you and I have emailed about.
    Love and Hugs to all of you!

Of course prayers will be sent out for your friend and her family!

Re: Re: Prayer Request

Ohh Staci, she's definetly in my prayers!

Originally posted by Karen

It is fine to post prayer requests here for people...
    I'd like to take advantage of Karen's offer!

My aunt's breast cancer has returned. (It's the same aunt I've posted about in cat rescue.) It appeared as a rash where one breast was, and the other now has it as well. Last wk, her doctor basically told her to go home and write her funeral (my words, not his). This lady has AMAZING faith; she is certain God will heal her. Wed., an MRI (? I think that's what it was) revealed that the cancer was contained to the breast area. So the outcome is a little brighter. Her doctors want to do chemo, remove the other breast, more chemo, radiation, and then some pills (not sure what kind or why). Having gone through chemo/radiation once before (with the other breast) she had always told us she "wasn't sure she'd go thru w/ it again." She's now waiting for a sign from God as to what to do.

Please pray for her health & her husband & also the many animals (her's & all the ferals) that she cares & tends to.

Shais_Mom,

Of course your friend will get Prayers & Positive
    thoughts for the health of her baby and for herself,
    from me. Liz.

Zippy-cat,

I'm so sorry to hear that your Aunt's cancer has
    returned. The 'pill' you speak off is called Tamoxifen.
    I have taken it for the last four years and have not
    had the cancer return in that time. There have been
    so many advances in Breast Cancer research in the
    last ten years it is amazing. Hope you Aunt can see
    a good oncologist & recieve the best that modern
    medicine has to offer.She will be in my thoughts and
    prayers ....

I just wanted to let you all know that Baby Hannah has been home for 2 weeks and is doing just fine!
    They are soooooo happy and blessed.
    When she is a little bigger, Keegan and I are going to go visit the baby and Keegan's daddy!
    Thank you all for your prayers. Its just wonderful of all of you! You helped this baby come home!

I just want everyone to know I always remember my pet talk friends in my prayers, and I will certainly write these two down. I am really glad that I have found this site, I feel like I can come here and I am surrounded by some really loving people. I thank God for people like you guys, anyone who is as kind as all of you are to take in animals and give so much love to them are truly a blessing to this sometimes terrible world.

Zippy Cat I hope your aunt gets the sign she is looking for and she just needs to keep faith.

Shais_mom I am so happy Hannah is home and doing good, babies are such a blessing.

Staci,

I'm pleased that there is a happy ending!

Tonya,

I don't know how I originally missed this post . I'm sorry, how is you aunt doing? Her story is similar to my mother's (2 years ago her cancer came back after a 17 year gap) so I know what you are all going through. My mother is stable now, so there is hope.

My little niece that was born three weeks early and was in intensive care for a week - is now just a little over a year old - and there is no stopping her. She is absolutely delightful and is the happiest baby - always laughing, chortling and working real hard on making words come out.

Hannah will be exactly the same and you will all take such joy in her as she grows. God works in strange ways and sometimes the tragic losses are for a good reason. Hannah will prove that she was worth the wait and will be a very special child.

What wonderful news, and thanks for the update. However, we will all continue our prayers, only this time as thank you's!!!

I also missed this post originally. Sorry!

Staci,
    Glad Hannah is home now and doing better! My son was a premie and only weighed in at 2 lbs. He was 10 1/2 weeks early due to me getting Toxemia during pregnancy. It was so scarey just laying in the hospital bed and hoping he would not be born before his lungs were developed.

I was blessed that his lungs were developed and he just needed to grow. Imagine our cat weighed more than he did! He was in the hospital for 2 1/2 months before he could hold his own body temperature and come out of the incubator.

Today, I have to remind myself quite reguarly that "those are the lungs I prayed so hard for." My son has a set of lungs on him now that can knock the socks of you! He has a beautiful singing voice and I'm hoping her chooses to use those lungs in that capacity. Whatever he does though, I am grateful!

Zippy,
    Let us know how your Aunt is doing. Sometimes we miss the signs that God offers us. I hope she is strenghtened by the knowledge that he never lets us suffer more than we can bear and he does walk through the valleys with us.

Staci, I also didn't read this post until just now. I am trying to play catch up. I remember the horror of your friend who lost her baby shortly after it was born. That was so terrible. I am SOOO glad that they decided to try again, even though they were so sad from the loss, and I SO GREATFUL to hear the outcome of this birth. Hannah is a beautiful name

Everyone's "miracle" stories were so touching.