Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bang Bang!

Bang Bang!

yessssssss i taught him it yesss!!! I can now say bang bang and point my finger at Simba and he rolls over on his bak like hes dead!!!!! yesssss! im so happy... my boy is soooo smart ahh! yess... next he will be able to do my homework bleh math!

That is a great trick!! How long did it take you to teach Simba that? It must have been a lot of work !! Congrats!!

Aww! cute!!

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

well i started like 2 weeks ago one day but then i just quit.. then i started today again and he has it perfectly so really it took 2 days... but only about 5 mins each day for he doesnt get bored

Did you reward him with treats? Or just love and praise? Duncan will do anything for food but if you don't have it, he's hesitant...For example, he hates to lie down but if I have food and he thinks he may get some, he'll lie down perfectly. No food, he goes down r e a l l y s l o w and gets up quick!

When i was showing him how to do it (laying him down, rolling him over and saying bang bang) i would just say good boy and give him a pat or two put when he did it without me helping thats when the food comes in!

ALRIGHT SIMBA !!!
    You are soooooooooo smart

When I taught Hannah that trick some people said it was a sick trick, but I thought it was cute. Others said it was a bad trick to teach a hound cause when he was hunting and he heard the shot he would drop down dead ...lol.. no worries though Hannah doesn't hunt.
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

Originally posted by Kfamr
    When i was showing him how to do it (laying him down, rolling him over and saying bang bang) i would just say good boy and give him a pat or two put when he did it without me helping thats when the food comes in!
    I can't get Duncan to roll over! He's so big and I try to push him over and he just pushes back!! What am I doing wrong?

What i heard on animal planet to get your dog to roll over it has to trust you so you need to probably get Duncan on the floor and roll around with him and stuff like playing get him used to it then try. good luck!

Lol.... I was doing the "bang bang" trick and when i pointed at Simba, he put his paw on my "gun" and pushed down! maybe hes saying violence is not the answer?

Good boy, Simba! Good boy - you are right - no firing guns in the house! Good boy!

Jennifer, I was just looking in your profile (to see if you had AIM or AOL for we could "chat") and i noticed, we have the same birthday!

Thats so cute! I just thought jo to rollover the other day. It was kinda the same with your "bang bang" thing. I started a while ago, and she'd only go it if I helped her a little. And my dads friend was over the other day, and dad told me to try to see if she'd do it, and now she does it perfect..maybe she was showing off ;] I should try the "bang" thing..is it hard once the dog can roll over?? I wanna teach her sometime to put her paw on her face..like shes hiding or something LOL haven't gotten to that yet

Actually i think its easier teaching them after teaching "roll over" because they already got the hang of being on their backs ( and trusting you) but what i did to teach Simba was roll him on his back and say "bang bang, bang bang, good boy!"
    Of course only if he stayed there i said good boy...... i tried teaching him to put his paw on his face but i cant think of a command for it.... any ideas?

I'll have to try it :] Thanks for the sugestions :] I was thinking the same for the paw thing..I was kinda thinking of something like.."Josie, what did you do?!" Then put the paw up, so it would be like ahh i'm sorry kinda thing..but i kinda use that for something else..so i duno LOL -thinking- I have a book that has really awesome dog trick ideas, i'll look threw it for any ideas