Thread: Irish Setters

Irish Setters

I was wondering, why don't we see more people with Irish Setters? They are such beautiful dogs I would think that more people would have them but they don't seem to be all that popular. Anyone know why that could be?
    --------------------------------------
    The Dog Shop

We have two nice ones in our neighborhood, but they tend to be a little hyper, and some people prefer calmer dogs.

Niņo & Eliza

they are very active dogs,they're definently not for me I think theyre gorgeous but they're very hyper and active.

Yes you're right , you don't really see many of them. My neighbor growing up had one and I absolutely love her. Her name was Tasha and we called her my dog's girlfriend because when he got loose, he would head straight to her house!!
    They are very high strung, need TONS of exercise and I means TONS!!!! Also, they are very expensive. At least in my part of the world, a puppy goes for over $1000. I think they are gorgeous but I don't have the yard or the time for one. Not to mention, I'm a big fan of adopting animals and you don't often see them in shelters...Although to be honest, I've never researched it...maybe they do have a large rescue group...
    Let's hope they are not the next "fad" dog though....

Irish Setters are actually pretty popular in our therapy group....we have at least 4 registered, and I know one of our members has another that is not yet registered. The ones I havemet have all been great dogs!

They are beautiful dogs!! I have 2 in my neighbourhood as well, actually only 1 because the other one is a red and white setter. They are actually almost from the same breeder as Buddy- our breeder's daughter breeds Irish Setters and they live in the same house. You may not see them as much because some people say they are very hard to train- I do not believe that! As well, it just depends on what type of dog you're interested in. I mean we all pick our dogs ( their breed) to adapt to our lives best, what dog fits best. Most people probably are just not too interested in them, I personally love these dogs though.

~ Highschool rox ur socks!! Highschool is so amazing and I love it. Hi to everyone on Pet Talk, I know I have not been on for a while, I'm just busy. All of you here that I know rock! Keep up being friendly, posting on Pet Talk and havin fun. Buddy sends kisses. ~