Thread: Gone again

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Gone again

Well, we were just recovering from our computer being out of service for a few weeks and now I'll be away again for a while.

My mother-in-law passed away yesterday so we are on our way to Tulsa to plan the funeral. We'll be back in a week or so.

Please remember Magdalena Anastasia Achtymichuk Gilmore York (1908-2005) in your prayers. "Lena" was much loved by her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren. She will be missed.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Condolences to you and your family. Have safe return.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Very sorry for your loss. I am sure she had a wonderful life filled with love and family - to be able to see great-great-grandchildren enter the world is an amazing thing

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I'm so sorry your beloved mother-in-law has passed away. The sky has a new star in it now.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I'm very sorry about your mother in law. She had one impressive name! Was she Ukrainian?
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

May she rest in peace,

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Please have a safe trip.

((((hugs))))

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm so sorry.

But I must say....97....wow! We can all only hope to live a life as long and full as Lena did.

RIP
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Originally posted by smokey the elder
    I'm very sorry about your mother in law. She had one impressive name! Was she Ukrainian?
    Yeppers! She was the last child of a family of farmers that came from the Ukraine to Canada around 1900. The town in the Ukraine doesn't exist anymore. (At the time they moved to Canada, the town was part of Austria-Hungry).

Thanks guys. I guess I should have posted this in "General" but I wasn't thinking straight. I guess to make this about kitties, I should say that my Mom and brother will be taking care of ours while we are away.

Whenever I think of the word "mother" I think of Lena. She was one of those women who was born to raise children. She had her first at 15 and her last well into her 40's

See you in a week or so.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

CONDOLENCES,ON A FINE LADY,ONE OF THE GENERATION,WHO KNEW WHAT TRUE HARD WORK,WAS.THOSE KIND OF PEOLPE,COME ALONG,ONLY ONCE,UNSPOILED,BY THE MEDIA,THE KIND OF THE SALT,OF THE EARTH PEOPLE,THAT MADE OUR COUNTRIES GREAT.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

RIP Lena. Renee, my condolances to you and family.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Sending my condolences and prayers for a safe trip and return!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Bless her heart, Lena sure led a full and wonderful life, and what a legacy of family she leaves behind!!!! I know you will all have fond memories of her.

Rest in peace, Lena.

Travel safely, Kuhio.

Logan

My condolences on the loss of your mother-in-law. Sounds like she was a remarkable woman. I have such great admiration for the women that immigrated to north America.