Thread: Onyx meets Nemesis! Finally some decent photos of my black boy. =)

Onyx meets Nemesis! Finally some decent photos of my black boy. =)

Well the time has come to "teach" Onyx how to behave respectfully around small animals. To help teach him I brought out my biggest boy, Nemesis. I must say Onyx did fairly well for his first time. He's shown a lot of interest in the rats and other animals lately, meowing at the door to their room begging to play with them. So I figured, since I had the batteries I might as well photograph him being a good boy. Thanks to Nemesis I finally got some decent shots of my boy. He's always on the go, and likes to explore. Rarely does he sit down for more than a second.

He also found great pleasure in attacking my stuffed cat! Naughty boy.

The Cat:

The Mouse...err, Rat!:

He feels it. The urge to pounce on unsespecting critters is there. Can we curb this behavior? We shall see. (you can see Speedy in his recovery cage. )

"Nice to eat...meet you"

*lick lick*

Meanwhile, Nemesis could care less something big and black is stalking him...

Dotty can't bare to watch. She runs behind the pillow!

More coming...
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

"Huh, what? I'm being a good boy, just look at me!"

"That dirty old hag! How dare she tempt me with such sweet morsels"

"This is boring, I'm leaving"

So he decides to sit and ponder his next victim.

More coming...
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

"Where did my fuzzy friend go?"

"Mom, you suck!"

"It's dark now. I can't even look out the window."

More coming...
    Last edited by luckies4me; 04-12-2005 at 09:10 PM.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

"Wait, what's that?!!!"

He seems nice and friendly, but little do you know a madman lives inside!

"Say Uncle!"

"I SAID, say Uncle!"

The end. I hope you enjoyed the story.
    Last edited by luckies4me; 04-12-2005 at 09:11 PM.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Very Much So! And you might be safe,as Cats,that have been taught to hunt,by thier Mothers,or have had,to learn,to hunt,through necessity,are generally,faily good around small Animals!Micheal,The Princess,and Scrappy 2,I would not leave,around Nemesis!

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

All of my cats grew up around the rats. They play and eat together, groom eachother etc. I would never leave Onyx unattended with one of my small animals though, as he grew up feral. He's very good with them, and eventually he will get used to it, as all my cats have. Rats are VERY smart, and if they know they are in trouble will defend themselves. Nemesis could very easily hurt Onyx if he wanted to. Don't underestimate the ratties.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

LOL!!! I was hardly able to breath as I was scrolling through that first meeting! I kept thinking...oh boy, he's gonna do something bad!

Great pictures and captions! I love seeing cats and rats/mice together. It is so cool to see them being friendly to each other. Onyx is GORGEOUS! Nemesis is also very handsome! He sure does look like a big boy.

Thanks for the smile tonight!

OK, I waited and waited until you finished posting all the pictures! This was a GREAT thread and I enjoyed every one of those pictures!

You sure captured the black cat in every one of those pictures! They are so hard to get good pictures of. It is only recently that I have gotten good ones of Samantha but I have none close to being as good as the ones you have here!

Those with the little buddie are just priceless!! Totally priceless! I am not really a rat person but he is a cutie pie and the more I am seeing them on here, the cutier I think they are.

This was a great thread and I really enjoyed it! Thanks for posting it!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Me too, I was sitting on the tip of my chair... !!
    Great pics and story, Cass! I wouldn't trust my Maya with a rattie in the neighbourhood
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

CUTE story and pics! So glad that Onyx didn't make din-din out of cute little Nemesis!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

AW! Onyx is adorable!!

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

Onyx sure is handsome!!!! I'm glad Nemesis made it through okay. I would never be brave enough to try that.

From Decker with Love

I think I would have to pry the mouse out of my cats mouths. Neither of mine would ever have that much self control.

They are adorable pics, though.

LOL, thanks everyone. I'm so glad you enjoyed the thread! I shot so many pictures trying to get some that actually looked decent. I had to lower the aperature on my camera so he didn't look so washed out. I'm pretty happy with the shots.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major