Thread: Diarrhea

Diarrhea

Me again! With 4 cats it is hard to tell sometimes, but figured it out to be my little boy Rusty. Since Friday night, he has had a little bit of diarrhea. Nothing serious, but have noticed it a couple times in the litter box and I was witness to it Saturday afternoon. He is eating well, drinking water, using the litterbox and playful as usual. Other than the diarrhea episodes he seems just fine. His eyes are bright and everything else is normal. Haven't switched food, but have gotten a few different varieties of the same brand. Any thoughts or suggestions?

furrykidsmother,

As long as he's eating, drinking and using the litterbox, all you can do is keep an eye on him. He may just have an upset stomach.

One way to find out if he's dehydrated is to pinch him on the scruff of his neck. If the skin doesn't retract instantly, that's an indication that he's dehydrated.

Keep us posted!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

feeding

One of the problems we had in the sanctuary was feeding. We found that some cats stomachs could not tollerate red meat.
    You could try using different fish varietys of your regular brand and chicken to see if that helps? its a case of trying and testing to see which suits them best.
    We had a cat of our own which could not tollerate chicken or red meat and just had to have the varied fish meats.

Well, Rusty seems to have gotten over his bout, but now poor Garfield had a touch of it this morning. Maybe it is a kitty bug. He is still playful and great appetite and otherwise his normal, lovable and adorable self. Hope it passes quickly and the girls don't get it. They are all indoor kitties, so I don't think they have been exposed to anything unusual. Maybe just the change of season.