Thread: Jumped on the Betta Bandwagon! ;)

Jumped on the Betta Bandwagon! ;)

I just got back from PetCo with my new work Betta! I got a 2.5 gallon tank, rocks, fabric plants and a fun tree/house thingy.

I took pictures with my camera phone, so they're pretty crappy. I'll try and bring the digital camera to work next week to get better pictures.

The tank:

(the rocks are light pink and different shades of blue)

The fish:

He's so pretty and he's PINK!!!

Not too sure on names, but I really like Rupert. We'll see.
    Last edited by NoahsMommy; 03-31-2005 at 04:26 PM.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

That is one precious betta! How lucky to get a PT home. He will be happy, and what a lovely tank he has! I also like the name Rupert Congrats on the new arrival!

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

How cute! Love the tank, I have the same exact one and my Bettas are very happy in them!

I picked out a fun fish! He just ate his first pellet of food (Hikari Betta Bio-Gold) and is totally friendly. Its so neat to have a creature here with me at work...its usually very quiet vistor wise.

Neat!

Wow! Rupert isn't picky! He just ate the other two Betta Pellets! Good fish!!

Congratulations! He's very cute, and the tank looks wonderful! Most bettas are little pigs. My two have never turned their nose up at a bloodworm or Hikari pellet. Some people on the betta forum I visit feed 5 pellets twice a day and eat every last bite . I tend to like to give mine smaller, more frequent meals. It adds more excitement to their day I think (and mine! ). Mine generally get around 6-7 pellets a day overall, or 3 pellets and 3-4 bloodworms etc. Bio-Gold is a hugely favored brand among betta fanciers. Hope you enjoy your new guy!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Good fishy! You're lucky, I wasn't able to get Skylar to eat for 2 weeks after I got him!

Very Nice Tank and of course very nice Rupert! I like the name too.

Originally posted by SunKissedGoldens
    Love the tank, I have the same exact one and my Bettas are very happy in them!
    I've got one of those too, and my bettas love it! Can't wait to see your betta in it!
    Shadow & Gus (the kitties), Blink (the gecko), Draco, Satine, Damon, & Outback (the fishies) ~I'll be there for you - 'cause you're there for me too~

Be at peace, Erin, I will miss you and remember your sweet face always...

I'm an obsessed Betta mommy already!!

I didn't want to wait the 24 hours...so I put him in his tank. He loves it! He's already found he can fit through the small crevaces in his tree thingy! He's swimming around and even got mad at me taking all the pictures!! How funny! I have a chiclid at home and he's not this interactive.

Here's more, taken with my camera phone:

I have a chiclid at home and he's not this interactive.
    I was also shocked when I realized just how interactive these guys can be. From what I've read they all have their own unique personality. Have you tried showing him the Betta on the Hikari package. Yuki will flare up at the sight of the carboard betta

I'm sure having him at work will be wonderful, having fish is supposed to be calming and help lower blood pressure. I know most people feel most stressed out at work!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    I'm an obsessed Betta mommy already!!
    How funny! I have a chiclid at home and he's not this interactive.
    Their personalities are the truly addicting part of them . People think it's their beauty, and that's what first attracts people I think, but then they get addicted to their funny and unique little personalities! Draco was flaring Dawn today as she peered into his tank LOL. Before you know it, you'll be bringing home more bettas! Bet you won't be able to resist having one at home as well as at work!

Here's Orion flaring my finger

And Draco watching Dawn, I didn't get one of him flaring her but I hope to catch him next time!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Oh he's just beautiful! Congrats on your new addition

They definately are addictive. I got my second just days after getting my first!

I never knew a fish could have a personality, but my two boys sure do. They love when I'm in here with them, they are always swimming around. And actually today I scared them. I had just washed my hair and now that it is short it was sticking up and I guess they didn't know who I was and just started puffing up...it was so cute And as soon as I brushed my hair down, they quit puffing!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your little guy

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets