Thread: Bananas'

Bananas'

just wondering,are Bananas O.K for dogs?Lucy LOVES bananas,i give her a little bit of it.Not much though,but some.I've never heard of them being bad for dogs.what do you think??

Bananas

are ok as far as I know. Maybe not a good idea for puppies with bad kidneys or hearts due to the high potassium.

Now how do you keep puppy from eating the banana peel?

I think they're fine, as long as you give them sparingly. They also have plenty of sugar, and might be a little bit rich for Lucy. I give Gonzo about 1/2 banana a week, and he LURVES nanas too!! Try mixing half a banana with a tablespoon or two of peanut butter and Milkbone pieces, stuffing it in her Kong and freezing for a few hours. She will LOVE that, it's Gonzo's favorite Kong recipe

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Originally posted by bckrazy
    I think they're fine, as long as you give them sparingly. They also have plenty of sugar, and might be a little bit rich for Lucy. I give Gonzo about 1/2 banana a week, and he LURVES nanas too!! Try mixing half a banana with a tablespoon or two of peanut butter and Milkbone pieces, stuffing it in her Kong and freezing for a few hours. She will LOVE that, it's Gonzo's favorite Kong recipe
    wow!thats great idea! I'll have to try that

ditto to that idea

I've tried jaming treats in the kong, but Clover gets them all out within a few minutes. No challenge.

alex gets his twice daily pills stuck to a small glob of banana, and i've done this for years, but it IS a small piece. banana pushed into a kong, then frozen, now that's a summertime treat he loves.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

poor smokey will never have a taste of banana as i HATE them and will not allow them in the house.
    but he loves green apples and pears.