Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lexi.....

1. Lexi.....

....ALMOST GOT HIT BY A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was crying so much! I just got in from a walk and Lexi decided to slip out of her halti, so she did and ran onto the road, with a car missing her by only INCHES! The guy saw her get out and run onto the road, but do you think he would stop or at least slow down......no he just went EVEN FASTER!

I don't know what I would do if Lexi got hit! I'm just so glad taht she now realizes that cars are a bad thing to run after! I even heard her yelp and I just stood there, I thought she got hit! I picked up Lexi making sure she wasn't hurt and ran after the car and started screaming at him!

Jeez...I never really appreciated Lexi so much before, until I almost lost her!

OMG, that is SO scary!!! I'm glad Lexi's ok, but gosh, that was a close call! Blaze has never been almost hit by a car, though Bandit did when we have him...it sure makes you not take them for granted! Stay away from those scary cars, ok, Lexi?! we don't want ANYTHING to happen to you!!!!!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

poor lexi how terrifying, for both of you I'm sure she didn't mean to scare you like that, puppers only have one thing on mind: fun! ~*~hugs for both of you~*~

glad to hear LEXI's ok...man, let's see if i can get this out right...it may have been a lesson learned the hard way... when MAXIMUS was a year and ahalf old, he made a mad dash out the door and into the street...he was hit by a van...just bumps and bruises...needless to say... he never did it again...he won't even go into the street with out a leash...and 'THERE'S A TRUCK' has new meaning....sorry u were scared....i can't imagine life without my MAXIMUS

Oh! It's just terrible, isn't it? You never get over it, no matter how many times it happens!(Niño is an escape artest and always finds a new way to escape. He had been so close to being hit like 5 or 6 times, and after each I am almost in tears.) I so know how you feel! Lexi stay out of the street no matter what, ok!?
    So glad she is unharmed.

Niño & Eliza

Oh No!! You must be still shaking from this terrible incident. Daisy ran out into the road when she was about 2 months old(she was about 2 pounds). I went running after her and literally ran in front of an approaching car. I was able to grab her just in time but the lady had seen me anyway so she stopped. It was the scariest moment in the world!!! I still get upset to think about it. At the moment I saw her go into the road, I knew that a car would have to hit me first instead of her. Isn't that something? What we won't do to save these babies of ours!! Thank goodness Lexi is ok!! Great job, running after the guy in the car!! What a jerk!! We hope your life can return to normal soon. No more roads, ok Lexi??? Good girl!!

Terry, Daisy, and Delilah

7. Thanks everybody! I am still in tears, in scared me out of my wits... And for that guy to not stop, ughhh!

Lexi has gotten off once before and I chased her down, a fellow dog oner stopped to help me! Thats the kind of people I like

Again, thank you! Lexi is in her bed, hasn't come out, shes still terrifed imagine a giant wheel running RIGHT infront of your face so close to the ground!

oh, your poor baby and poor you! That would be terrifing!
    Lexi, you might want to check and make sure the halti isn't too loose. If they can get it off, it usually is. Don't want a repeat of the episode.

9. Originally posted by 2dog1cat
    oh, your poor baby and poor you! That would be terrifing!
    Lexi, you might want to check and make sure the halti isn't too loose. If they can get it off, it usually is. Don't want a repeat of the episode.
    It is on securly, but she still finds a way somehow, I have even tightened it more then enough once too!

Poor Lexi, good thing she's ok! You'll have to find a way so she doesn't get out of her halti!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

11. Thanks! I'm doing better now, so is Lexi! But she had her tail tucked for 2 hours!

Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
    It is on securly, but she still finds a way somehow, I have even tightened it more then enough once too!
    Most dogs can get out of halti's if they really want to. One thing you can do is attach it to a regular collar by getting a double ended clip, or a "D" ring clip...etc. Just go to your local hardwar store. This way if you see her struggling out of her halit you wills till have time to grab her as she will still be attached to you by the collar.

Did that make sense? I don't know if I'm explaining it correctly.

Anyways I'm glad she's alright. I know how scary it is, I saw my co-worker's dog get hit by a mini van. A sight I will never forget.

*Thanks Ashley*

13. Yes, now I keep 2 leashes on her, its very annoying, but it works. I might have to do what you advised, thank you!

Oh no! I'm so glad she's ok and that she hopefully learned a lesson for life. When people speed up to hit animals just imagine them running from cars for all eternity in hell. The most wonderful thing I ever saw was over twenty cars stopped near my house as they let a mother rabbit and her ten babies cross the street. I wish all people could be like that.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

That's not too good mate, at least Lexi is OK. Maybe try and train her to always stop at the curb. It might stop her from actually running on the road if heaven forbid she got loose again.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole