Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hope this hasen't been done before......

Hope this hasen't been done before......

I was just thinking about it after I came up with Docker's name...How did you come up with your pet's name? There must be some good stories out there!
    Steve

Thanks Lexi_Lover

"Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." -- Mark Twain

"Don't count the days. Make the days count." -- Muhammad Ali

I was so excited to be getting a Golden Retriever that the night I found out I was allowed to get one I went on a baby name website and chose 100 of my favorite names and then I narrowed them down to Emma, Shannon, and Bella. I finally chose Emma

The lady at the pet store was calling him Moco and thought that would be a good name. She said it ment King, however we later found out that it literally mean booger Well sometimes that name fits him very well

Simba - the first dog to come to us - is named after my favorite movie, The Lion King. I absolutely love the movie and I think the names in it are wonderful.

Since Simba, we adopted the 2 girls - Nala and Kiara.

I tried thinking of different names, but I did like The Lion King theme, and now I think they fit perfectly.

My next male dog will be Mufasa, and my next female with be Sarabi - both names in the movie.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

lol not to much Happy, it was her litter name, lol we kept it. Misty, her full name is mistletoe mischief, we were looking for a christmas name, and came up with "mistletoe christmas" but she got into so much trouble just on the way home that that "christmas" very quickley was changed to "mischief" lol . Blair- Blair was his litter name, but his registered name "weskys my boyfriend blair" has a story lol see blair was offered to my mom very shortly after my mom and dad had seperated, AND my mom used to have a boyfriend named..Blair. lol so as a joke she called him "weskys my boyfriend blair" lol Perky, not really intresting, its just the name she responded best too lol and Ripley, well see he had been our 4th dog and we thought that was a lot at the time lol and we have been watching Ripley believe it or not that night, so we ended up charging his name from "roscoe" to "Ripleys believe it or not, we got another dog" AKA Ripley.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

My son, my hubs, and I each picked a name we liked and combined them for her registered name, Blue Moon Star, just Star for short. Sherman came with the name, and it fits his personality. His registered name is Destiny's Raise the Bar.
    Prince just got his new name, because it fits him and he seems to like it - I kept calling him the prancin' Prince cause he bounces up and down so much. So now his name is Cloud Prince.
    Last edited by cyber-sibes; 03-16-2005 at 07:18 AM.

Even before we found our collie pup, we knew what her name would be. We looked at a few different shelter pups/rescue doggies but the only pup that was right for us was our tri collie, our Bijou. She is absolutely our little jewel, and we're so happy to have her.

tricollie4me

All My Animals Came with their Names...From the Pounds from whence they came....

Delilah
    Joey
    Hobo
    Maggie....Sorry She is the Exception...She was called "Wannabe" in the Pound...John Named Her Maggie!!!

I kept their names because they responded to them....and they were Good Names!!
    2 Syllables
    ending in a vowel,Etc.
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Disney came from the shelter named Sugar but I didn't like that so I first named her Frosty and my husband about gagged. After a couple of days we were watching tv and a commercial for Disney World came on. That's when it hit me, Disney. I really wanted to go to Disney World too. The next year my husband took me for our 4th wedding anniversary.

From Decker with Love

Both my dogs came named.

Emily was named by her breeder. I didn't like the name and wanted to change it but was outvoted 5 to 1.

Clipse was also named by his breeder. His registered name is Total Eclipse so Clipse is just short for that.
    I was going to change his name and had a huge list of names....but Clipse just seemed to fit.

*Thanks Ashley*

Oggy's name kind of came to us one day when we were discussing getting a dog. (he was our first born ).

With Flute, she was named after a character in a book series by David Eddings.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

Nebo is named after a mountain in Utah...Mt. Nebo. It's a pretty mountain and I just thought it would be a unique name. It was never really one of the names I had in mind for a dog, I thought of it shortly before I got him and it just seemed perfect.

My brother named Reggie...I don't really know where the name came from, but it's what we all decided on. I wanted to name him Lucky when I was a kid lol.

Sydney is/was my sister's dog and she named her. Don't know the reasoning behind it.

Smokey (RB) was named by my brother and sister I think...because of his color. I was 2 so I didn't really take part in the naming. My mom didn't want to name him that but it happened anyway.

Re: Hope this hasen't been done before......

Originally posted by schteve_d
    I was just thinking about it after I came up with Docker's name...How did you come up with your pet's name? There must be some good stories out there!
    I know how you came up with Docker's name, but are there any stories behind Buddy and Tasha's names?

*Thanks Ashley*

Most my dogs are named after some kind of solar element.... Except Emmie, she is named after another dog I knew when I first started Goldens.

Re: Re: Hope this hasen't been done before......

Originally posted by Shelteez2
    I know how you came up with Docker's name, but are there any stories behind Buddy and Tasha's names?
    Not really. I just thought Buddy was very fitting for him as he quickly became my little Buddy (not realizing at the time just how common a name it was!).

When I got Tasha, my girlfriend at the time was very-much against getting a second dog and it took some relentless pressure from me! She finally gave in so to appease her I let her name Tasha.....I really don't remember where she came up with the name.
    Steve

Thanks Lexi_Lover

"Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." -- Mark Twain

"Don't count the days. Make the days count." -- Muhammad Ali

I will give a cleaned up version Merlin had a large bladder even as a pup. My smart aleck son (teen) said he was a wizard. so Merlin was obovius and Montana (where we live) Mystical just fit.
    Montanas Mystical Merlin
    Ladyand Dugan came named.
    They cats My son was 2 When He rescued Winky and he loved the movie "excape to witch mountain"
    Ebony was to be blacky but I refused to have such a plain name for the Ice princess son gave in.
    Moose was some crazy thing from greek God (or some thing like that ) I couldn't rember or say. So I called him Moose and when my daughter brought him to live with me perminatly its just Moose all 20 LBS.
    Ok so I know I'm strange but thats why you all love me