Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: *PT Prayers please for a dieing Mother Dog and 6 puppies*

*PT Prayers please for a dieing Mother Dog and 6 puppies*

While browsing PT I found a thread in Dog Rescue posted by AngelEyez1982 about a stray Chow and her 6 puppies found in her neighborhood - Here is the thread - http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/show...threadid=72974

Anyway, my sister lives in Myrtle Beach SC about 2 hours from where she lives. My sister is coming down next Friday for my fathers wedding and as most of you know I own an animal rescue. My sister agreed to bring the dog to me and I contacted Krystal (AngelEyez1982) and we set up a time for my sister and her to meet.

My sister picked up the dog on Saturday and made the trip home. The Chow was skinny and apeared it be old, but other whys seemed in good health. My sister took her for a long, half hour walk and when they came home they noticed she was bleeding from her hind end. My sister called the E-vet because her normal vet was closed. The E-vet said it could be nothing since she just had puppies only 5 days ago. My sister did not take the dog in at the time but later the Chow began to bleed heavily. My sister called the vet and said that she was brigining in the Chow and her 6 puppies. The vet took one look at the dog and said that he wanted to run blood test for heartworm. Sadly, the Chow tested positive for heartworms and is in the most adavanced stages of the dieses. Not only does she have heartworm, but she has ringworm and roundworm also. We are not sure how much longer she will live, or if she will live, but things are not looking good for her or her six puppies.

My sister asked the vet if she will be able to finish nursing her puppies and he said "Lets Hope"

We aren't sure what is going to happen, the Chow is going to my sisters normal vet on Monday (he sees alot of heartworm cases ). We will see then what is best for the mom and pups. If the mom is in alot of pain, we will go ahead and put her down and bottle feed the puppies. We are hopeing and praying she can finish nursing the puppies.

Please keep the mom, her six puppies, my sister and me in your prayers. My sister is working hard to keep the mom comfortable and get her the help she needs. I am working hard to pay the bills for this since my sister is just a foster home. Last nights bill totaled to $180.00, tomrrow will bring another vet bill and the puppies need heartworm medicine, rignworm medicine and round worm medicine when they get to be 8 weeks old plus all there normal shots. Thankfully, right now my dad is useing his cedit care to pay over the phone for the bills and he is allowing me to slowly pay him back. I only have a part time job though so it may take me awhile. No matter what though the mom and puppies will get the best help there is.

Thanx for letting me ramble and thanx ahead of time for the prayers, we all apreciate it during this hard time,
    Ashley
    Last edited by Aspen and Misty; 03-06-2005 at 05:02 PM.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

wow,,, youre a true angel as is your dear ol dad for helping you with $$$,,,, I will pray hard for this lovely chow mommy and her babies....

Oh my gosh this is so incredibly sad, I remember reading the first thread all about her and her puppies, what a sweetheart you are to help her, I wish only the best outcome for this poor wee girl and her puppies,positive vibes being sent your way, and please keep us updated.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

The mommy dog and her puppies will be in my thoughts and prayers, as will you and you sister. So sad.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Such a sad story. I will say a prayer for you all this evening. I'm wishing you all the best and hope everything turns out well. Please keep us up to date.

Robin

That is so sad. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

How very, very sad. Mommapup and the babies will be in our prayers, as will your sister and you.

I'm so glad you were able to get her. We here will be praying for mom and pups also your sister. I hope your vet can think of some way to help this wonderful mom.

Oh,You are Breaking My Heart!!!

I saw the Thread on this Chow Mommy!!!
    I didn't know that the situation worsened...

Poor,Poor Mommy Dog!!!!!

I will Pray for Her!!!

And Those Precious Pups!!!!
    I am Praying for them Too!!!

I Thank You and your Family for your Kindness and Devotion!!!

All Toughts and Prayers are with You & the Chow Family!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Poor mom. Urrgh this makes me so sad!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

thats horrable!!! im going to cry! i feel so mad but not at them. tell them im hoping for the best. poor doggies
    I LOVE CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How heartbreaking! The poor Mamadog and her puppies and you and your sister are all in my prayers. What a wonderful thing your family is doing, helping these innocent creatures. Hoping for a miracle.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

That is so sad! That poor girl and her pups!!! I'm glad you posted this because I was curious as to what came of these babies. I am here in MB myself and offered to help in any way possible. Glad you were able to get them and now they are being treated. I hope things turn out great for the family. What an angel to take care of them. Please keep us updated.
    ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>

Faith is being able to jump first and grow wings later

When a waterbug leaves his friends and climbs the stalks, he is unable to return. But he gains a beautiful new body and a glorious perspective on a new world. He knows his friends will join him with their new bodies one day...one glorious day

And the vet bills Soar -
    I am now $408.00 in "debt" to my dad. I don't know how I'm going to pay for this.

And momma gets worse -
    She has been eating regular, Chicken Soup, puppy food since Saturday. My sisters normal vet did X-rays on her today and we found out that she isn't passing it. It is all sitting in her intestines and stomach. She now on a special food and more medcine for it. We also found out some good news, her kidneys aren't failing on her. We also found out some bad news, she is definitly in the most advanced stage of it and could have a heart attack. She is not to exersise and isn't to get stressed out.

We still don't know what is going to happen. We might put momma To sleep this friday since she is so sick and bring the puppies up here to be bottle fed. Or we might leave them down there and see how long momma lives (as long as she isn't in pain) and then pick them up over easter. Either way doesn't sound good to me. I want momma to live and the babies to be healthy. I have been crying almost all day because of this. These poor, sweet inocent babies and momma.

I will keep you all updated on what happens, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers still
    Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Thoughts and best wishes, for mum and the pups.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole