Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positive Thoughts and Pet Talk Prayers Needed.

Positive Thoughts and Pet Talk Prayers Needed.

Hello All,

My sister and her doggie, Lily, could use some positive thougths and pt prayers right now. Lily has torn a ligament in her knee. They aren't for sure how it happened. The vet said it could be from running and making a sharp turn or just jumping off the couch. All Lea (sister) knows is she was fine that morning and then when her husband came home from work Lily was hurting and couldn't walk on that leg. They saw the vet today and he put Lily on some anti-inflammatories for 2 weeks in hopes that it might help. If that doesn't work they are recommending surgery. Lily is a small dog and 12 years old, so there is some concern about putting her under for surgery. As you might imagine Lea is quite upset and worried about Lily. I told her that I would ask all of you for some positive thoughts and prayers for our little girl, Lily. Lea was also wondering if anyone here has ever had to deal with having an older dog have surgery and if their were any complications.

Thanks everyone.....Robin

Here are a few pics of my furniece, Lily the Westie!

Will keep The little girl in our prayers. Please let us know what happens. She looks like she still thinks she is a puppy. That might have caused her the trouble this time.
    When she is in the car and at the back window does her head go up and down like the fake dogs do???

Best Wishes

Ron, Alison, Pooka & Sydney

Awww, prayers for cutie Lily! Hopefully the meds will help it heal itself, can they give her some sort of knee brace to help it along?

Poor little Lily! I'm so sorry to hear this Robin! I do hope that she won't require sirjury! I've never had a senior pup undergo surgery. But the complications of surgery for older dogs are similar to those in humans, especially respiratory and cardiac complications. But I've known of many seniors pups who have done great. Lea's vet of course would do a full workup, xrays and blood work prior to and discuss any possible complications with her. Is Lily otherwise healthy? She sure is a cutie! Lots and LOTS of positive thoughts and prayers for Lily and family!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

sending up prayers and thoughts for lilly 7 lea. get well sweetie! regards joyce
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

what a sweeeeeetie!!!! You have our prayers,,,, My Merlin gave us the same scare only luckily it was a soft tissue thing going on....

Keep us posted!

RobiLee, I will keep sweet little Lily in my thoughts and prayers. My Lacey just had two ligament surgeries(same knee) last fall. I read they don't usually have to do surgery on smaller dogs for this, hopefully they won't have to.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Sending positive thoughts for Lily.
    Poor baby I hope she will not have to have surgery
    either.

----<---<--<{(@

What a cutie!!!

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

From Decker with Love

Positive thoughts getting sent your way.get better sweet girl.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Keeping Lily and family in my thoughts and prayers, also!
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

Lots of good thoughts heading your way Lily!

So sorry to hear this about Lily. This happened to (RB) Tonee too. Her's was torn when jumping 'up' on the bed one night . I heard it happen, well, the yelp any way, not the tear. To make a long long long (this is also when she was diagnosed with Cushings )story short, she was too old for surgery too. The vet put a 'sort of' splint on it. And she recovered rather well. Same as with people, you don't always 'have' to have surgery to make it better.
    Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

*edit* I'd like to add that Laceys injury was severe, one ligament was torn almost in half, that is why she had to have two surgeries. Not all of these injurys are that severe.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Our thoughts are with Lily and your sister mate. everything will be well I'm sure.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole