Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is Sirrahbed considering next?

What is Sirrahbed considering next?

Well, some of you have stuck with me through my latest attempt to adopt the Scottish Fold/ fiasco and know that we are NOT adopting the kitty we wanted and have no others we are interested in. I also posted some pictures from the catshow yesterday and maybe you remember this girl?

This is an American Curl and her name is Tuppence from Dream Curls Cattery. She is almost five months old and is up for adoption because she is not show quality. I kept going back to visit her and talked quite a bit with her breeder. Anyway - we are going out to visit the Cattery tomorrow to see about adopting Tuppence and are also going to look at two younger kitties who are ready to leave at the end of March - also not show quality. Adopting in this way seems to be the ideal way to have a particular breed that needs a home!

I have been wanting to have one kitty that was a regular purebred that is known for being sweet natured and also distinctive looking. The American Curls and The Scottish Folds are both known for their dispositions. I cannot justify paying for a showcat or breeder cat because all I want are pets!! So...off we go tomorrow to visit the three kitties. Here is what the younger babies look like:
    Six weeks

11 weeks

They are about 4 months old now.

I think bringing in a younger cat would be easier on my family kitties anyway. Tuppence, if we get her, is a month younger than Lizzie & Robbie. The breeder felt that the L&R would accept the similar age newcomer the most easily. The older ones - hopefully they will accept them as well as this breed is supposed to be very easy going, adaptable and low territorial. The descriptions I read say they usually fit into any family very easily - dogs, mutiple cats, kids, etc. I am not certain we will adopt at all but are considering it. I may report back tomorrow that I changed my mind completely. I may have Tuppence or I may be waiting until the end of March for one of the others - though it is Tuppence who caught my eye.

She is a total lovebug. She spent most of the time curled up in the breeder's lap, sleeping or playing. She likes to snuggle and be held like a baby. She is adorable and sweet and not shy at all.

So, that is what I am up to! This would mean cat #6 is coming earlier than I ever thought - in fact Dennis thought five was the end but he wants this kitty too - although I know he wants her for me since I am the one home all the time and who spends the time with them.

I will update you tomorrow!
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 02-20-2005 at 09:17 PM.

ohhhhhhhh She is so pretty
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Well good luck, Debbie ... I hope you find what you want!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Well you know how I feel about those gray kitties. I liked her when I saw her picture yesterday.

Wow, I can't believe you are going for #6 already. Not that there is anything wrong with that I'm just surprised. I know you would give any kitty a great home.

I'll be looking for your update tomorrow on how it went. Good luck and have fun with the kitties. And take your camera!

From Decker with Love

"NOT show quality"?? WHO CARES???????

Good luck tomorrow and I will be waiting to see what happens..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

She is gorgeous Debbie!
    Will keep my finger's crossed for you both!!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Wow! I think this is a wonderful idea Debbie. She's gorgeous and I'm sure the younger kittens are too. I hope that everything will work out for you.

Pure Breed

It is easiest to buy a breed cat direct from the breeders. Which means you get a good example of the breed however this is an expensive way to get a new cat and of course this helps the breeder shift unwanted stock rather than helping a shelter cat.

However there is another way of adopting a purebreed cat, you can go to a breed specific rescue and do both...get a papered pedigree and save a life.

If you had got the girl you have set your heart on I would not of posted but as you are still looking around and thought you might like this information.

Pure Breed rehoming charities for Scottish Folds and American curls.

http://www.purebredcatbreedrescue.org/scottish_fold.htm
    http://www.purebredcatbreedrescue.org/amcurl.htm

Complete list of other breeds
    http://www.purebredcatbreedrescue.org/rescues.htm

Good Luck

Here is one girl near to you. She is just a 'look a like' not a papered cat but with those ears she must be a pure breed.

Gracie
    http://scottishfoldrescue.homestead.com/ohio.html

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Debbie,that is an Excellent idea.I was talking,to a Show Judge,and that is what he does,as the difference,between a Champion Cat,and a Cat,not considered Show Material,are so slight,that the average person,coulnt,tell the difference,Or,in the case of Rocca Baton and John Hancock,who didnt,have the temperment,to show properly.We know,that you will find,your Love Cat,Tomorrow,and our paws,are crossed.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Cute Cats .

Wow, I can't believe you are going for #6 already.
    Uh huh , do you have time for all 6 Cats? if so kudos to you.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

WOW! I'm so excited for you, Debbie! You have such a wonderful home & adding another cat would be no problem for you! I think you should definitely go for it!

Keep us posted! I can't wait to hear about your trip!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

They are so cute!! Good luck with whatever you decide!!

PIF, thanks for the breed rescue lists. I am still kicking around the idea of a Rex, and reseraching whether a Devon or Cornish would fit in better. There are not many on Petfinder, so those rescues sites will be a big help.

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Mom, you've ALREADY earned your crazy cat lady membership!!

I can't wait to meet the next newest member of your clan.
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!