Thread: Remember the shelter...

Remember the shelter...

that I told everyone about.... the one that charges $200 just to accept the cat, PLUS they want the person giving them the cat to pay for all vetinary care? The one that charges $120 adoption fees? WELL... I just saw them on Animal Planet's "A Pet Story"

You could have knocked me over with a feather!

How do the ritzty, foo-foo places get notoriety, and the ones that do the most good, the ones that need the most public exposure and need the most donations... why do they get ignored?

We recently had to raise our adoption fee to $120 because the $75 was just not covering the costs per animal. We ask for a $25 donation for surrendering a fixed animal and a $75 donation for surrendering an unfixed animal. We're still in the hole and can't cover costs

I do think $200 is too much to ask though, and I hope that they make acceptions for people who just cannot do that. I missed your original thread so I dont know much else about that place. Anyway, keep fighting the fight for the little shelters out there and help get the word out. Maybe someday they will be recognized.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Guess what they say is true? $$$$$ talks! That SUCKS!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

The Animal Welfare,asks 125 Dollars,and that does not even begin,to cover,the Vet Bills,the Housing costs,etc.And all,the work,taht is done,is done by volunteers! Maybe,they are charging 200 Dollars,to see if the Adopter,is sincere,as the SPCA,up here,is almost as expensive,but that includes Micro Chipping.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS