Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm new to the forums...I have a couple of questions...

I'm new to the forums...I have a couple of questions...

Can anyone tell me how to insert pictures of my cats either into my message body or in my signature area? They're not on a Web site of any kind - they're simply in folders on the hard drives of my computers at home. I'd really like to be able to post with photos of my 4 beauties - I'm quite proud of them!

Any help would be very appreciated!

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

You can just post them as attachments.

Don't know how to do the signatures, you may need special software.

You really should sign up with some website so you can insert your pics . . .

I use Imagestation (www.imagestation.com)

You just download your pics to their website . . . go find them . . . right click the picture . . . click properties . . . copy and paste the URL address into your message between the [img] brackets . . . and doing this will make your pics show up in your message. (was that confusing?)

Some other websites that people use are Photobucket . . . there's another but I can't think of what it is. I've tried 'em all . . . I love Imagestation . . . it's the easiest!

edit: For the signature, you have to have a URL for the pic. When you have it uploaded into a website, copy the URL, go to User CP (top menu), Edit Profile and paste the URL in the signature box between the [img] brackets.

People usually do use software to "make" their signatures. I use Paint Shop Pro & LivePix. You could also just put a picture in your signature though.

Hope this helps!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

I hope,that they can help,you as I rely,on my Pet Talker Friends!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Welcome to Pet Talk Jayna! Hang around awhile and join us. Christa gave you the best, easiest instructions that you are going to get. If you have ANY trouble posting the pictures, just let us know and someone will be here to help.

WELCOME TO PET TALK!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

What Christa said, or here is a good tutorial.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...VIDEO+TUTORIAL
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Hi Jayna! I'm new here too! I'll be looking to post pictues soon myself and will TRY to follow instructions some gave but I can be a real computer dummy! Can't wait to see your fur family and read all about them! Welcome!

I use www.photobucket.com its free
    and you download your pictures in there, and then highlight and copy the links it provides you, and then paste it into the post over here and walla! There are 3 links it will provide you, you have to figure out which one works, I use the 3rd link......which is the IMG link the other 2 are URL and TAG for differents sites you go to, every site wants something different

Thanks for the helpful info!

This is very helpful in learning how to post pictures.
    POSTING PICTURES on Pet Talk; class 101

Welcome to PT!!!

From Decker with Love

Thanks to everyone for all of your help!

I really appreciate all your helpful tips! I will certainly be doing some experimenting trying to get my pictures going and will be back into these forums to post with pics as soon as I get it sorted out.

If you want to know about my cats, here's the synopsis I provided on the Cat Breeds (under the discussion of cat names) board:

We were still living in Baton Rouge, LA, and in late October 2002, we adopted our first cat. Bailey, as he came to be called, was a 4-6-week-old stray (1.5 lbs and sickly, but beautiful!), and we couldn't figure out a name for him - we didn't know he was a he at first, but we assumed he was. I was looking at our Bailey's Irish Cream collector's tin, and thought Bailey would be a good name, and it stuck. His middle name is Copland (after Aaron Copland, the composer), since my husband and I are both musicians. There is no such thing as a "free" kitten, but Bailey's health and well-being were worth every penny. Now, Bailey is the healthiest cat - the king of the house, the protector, and lots of fun to play with!

We adopted our second cat while still living in Louisiana - May 1, 2003 - she was a feisty, sweet, 5-month-old tabby girl who we thought would complement our Bailey nicely. The rescue group who had her at PetSmart had already named her - Leila. We thought that was cute, and we gave her the middle name Martini, in keeping with the musical/alcoholic naming scheme (Leila isn't actually the same spelling, but we thought the musical reference could be Eric Clapton's "Layla," which is a great song. She turned out to be quite the crazy girl, but also quite loving - she loves to play, fight, chase, etc., but then also loves to be petted and loved on her own terms and snuggle with us at night.

Our 3rd cat came to our attention in April 2004 in St. Louis, MO. We were thinking we might eventually adopt a 3rd and 4th, but we weren't sure when or where. We were at PetSmart, and this wonderful, big, orange tabby boy (1-2 years old) was out of the cages in the cat room, roaming around, making great noises and rubbing against us. His name was Red Baron at the time, b/c of his reddish orange fur, but we changed it to Leo, b/c we thought it was cute. We had to adopt him - he sat on our laps at our first meeting and was sweet the couple of times we visited after that. We didn't quite make his middle name official, but his full name is something to the extent of Leopold Garfield or Leopold Garfield Anheuser (for St. Louis - Anheuser-Busch). He looks a lot like Garfield from the 2004 movie.

Our 4th cat came along sooner than expected - Leo was just starting to get used to his siblings and vice versa (Leila is the bully/queen in the house - she shows everyone who's boss), when we were at PetSmart and met the most beautiful little snowshoe mix baby girl (they estimated her at 1 year at the time, but I'm still not sure - she's so small and sweet, she's always going to look young to me) - this was late June 2004. Her name was Claudia and she started purring as soon as we laid eyes on her. We were talking to the rescue group coordinator, who I started communicating with after adopting Leo from them, and they were putting Claudia in the adoption area that day - she was so beautiful and friendly, we couldn't pass her up - we visited her that week one more time and then the next time was the time we took her home - we decided that if she had been there the next weekend, someone would've gotten to her before us, so we're lucky we saw her when we did. She's just wonderful - playful, cuddly, purrs louder than any kitty - she's also the most loyal thing, following us around the house, etc. Ironically, we haven't settled on a middle name for her either - like Leo - they all end up having many nicknames, so it doesn't seem to matter that much what the official name is. I keep calling her "Claudia Jean" for Allison Janney's character, "CJ Craig" on The West Wing, but I have also called her "Claudia Jane" and Smiley before. They all have countless names.

I'm rather attached to the cats my husband and I have, as you can see. I can't wait to share pictures of these beauties with you guys!

-- Albert Schweitzer --

Welcome to PT Jayna78!!! All 4 of your cats sound adorable and I can't wait to see their pictures and hear more about them. I also have 4 cats but they're all males and mama's boys too.

Here are a few pics of Bailey, if I got it right...

Bailey as a sweet little kitten:

Bailey as a grown up:

-- Albert Schweitzer --

I used Yahoo photo albums...

... I quickly created some Yahoo photo albums for my 4 cats, but I am going to read all of your helpful posts and figure out how to actually put the pictures in my message, instead of them being links. For the time being, here are links for some pictures (not sure why they're so small, compared to Bailey's pix) of my other 3 cats (by the way, Leo's ears are crinkled because before the rescue group we adopted him from found him, he had a horrendous case of ear mites - we think it just makes him cuter!):

Leila:

Leo:

Claudia:

-- Albert Schweitzer --

I'm getting an error message "romote server not found" when I click on links.

Welcome to PT
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor