View Poll Results: Do people get scared of your dogs?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes most of the time/all the time

16 30.19%
  • Yes but not very often

22 41.51%
  • No

15 28.30%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do people get scared of your dogs?

Do people get scared of your dogs?

People get a little worried when they see me walking Kodie.Just because of his size,and he's soild muscle too (which isnt bad )They kindof look at me like "Why are you walking that big dog??"but he would NEVER do anything to anyone,he's way to friendly,big lover-boy!!
    Of course,no one gets scared of Lucy b/c she's a puppy.lol.

People are terrified of Tia and Echo They're afraid of Tia because she's a little Dachshund and they're apparently known to be 'ankle biters'; Of course they're afraid of Echo because she's a huge, vicious Rottweiler Some people have only heard about Rotties and have never actually seen one so sometimes when I'm walking her people stop to pet her and she's all sweet and nice, then they ask her breed and of course I tell them. Then they back away and act as if she's a disease or something It annoys me like you wouldn't believe.....
    Last edited by Tollers-n-Dobes; 02-04-2005 at 10:29 PM.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

You know what's so annoying? NO ONE's scared of Mackenzie or Muffin, but SO many people are afraid of Zeus. I'm like, "why are you scared of our smallest dog??" and they go, "He jumps on me!!" oh, yeah, it's the WORST when a tiny dog jumps on you, right?

Poeple are scared of my 10 week old puppy . They see me with her and they are so excited "look at that cute puppy, awe" then they ask what kind of dog, when I tell them they say Oh and walk away giving me a crazy look. One mother yelled at her kid once she found out it was part pitbull and pulled her daughter away by the arm.

I've got a very friendly little dog, so nobody gets scared of her

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

6. People are amazingly TERRIFIED of Lexi, as some of you may have known, she has had some aggresion as a pup, well, I have to update that soon under dog behaviour, because we had an amazing breakthrough!

She is now, officially, HARMLESS! LOL!

EVERYBODY shows a very healthy respect for Max - and I LIKE it! As a (basically) single woman, living out in the boonies with a beautiful teenage daughter - the only man around to protect us being my 14-year-old son - I appreciate all the respect Max can get!

Of course, he's very friendly and whenever a repairman, snow plow guy, etc. comes over he gets underfoot and wants to be petted, etc., but there is no doubt in their minds that Max loves his mommy and would protect her if he had to!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

People used to always be afraid of Angus. They'd say things like "OMG he's so big..is he mean?" "MEAN, MEAN, MEAN" That's all we were ever asked about him. OH PLEASE! He was one of the most harmless dogs in the world. He loved everybody

Of course no one is ever afraid of Roxey Most people/kids associate her with Demon from "Snowdogs"

And a few here and there are afraid of Huney. Ohhhh she's a chow, bad, mean dog

So far there's only been one person who was intimidated by Bon. Suprisingly it was the girl at Superpetz! She went to give him a treat and was afraid he was going to bite her so she dropped the treat. People are weird.
    Last edited by anna_66; 02-06-2005 at 07:39 AM.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Nope not realy, people always want to pat the little dogs. We used to have trouble with people crossing the street to get away from Clover, but everyone knows her now.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Originally posted by cloverfdx
    ... but everyone knows her now.
    The people who know Kodie LOVE him to death because he's so friendly and wouldnt do anything.Everyone on his walk knows him,and Lucy.Its usually new people,like yesterday my mom told me a guy was walking a spaniel and he got scared of Kodie.( he was sitting beside my mom waiting for them to go by)and the man was scared to go by lol,but he finally just passed,and of course Kodie didnt do anything.
    and a few people at PetsMart get nervous around him.and also some parents dont let their kids pet him.

All strangers are afraid of both of mine. When I walk them, and someone else is walking down the street towards us, they always move to the other side of the street. I really don't mind it since my hubby is gone and will be for a few more months, this way people think that I have "Big Mean Dogs" and no one will mess with me!!

Anna... yeah.. Big Bad Mean Huney!!! LOL!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

People are more scared of my german sheperds more than my doberman because when I walk my german sheperds I have the training collar on them, so people get scared because they see this big metal things around their necks like their vicious, I just put it on them because they have a pulling problem. Another reason is their size, some guy actually called to me(to scared to come near) that I shouldn't walk that dog(Hannah) because she might attack someone. He doesn't even my dog, so I don't know how he can make that statement. Now my dobie everyone says that she always has a modest look on her face, and that's why no one is scared of my dobie.
    Last edited by animal_rescue; 02-05-2005 at 11:24 AM.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

lol for Misty is depends on weather or not she is wearing her haltie lol if she is everyone says "what a gorgous dog" pointing at her, and remaining about 20 feet away cuz of coarse she is wearing a muzzle and that is why her mouth is wide open in a big smile lol nobody is scared of happy, even people who are afraid of dogs love Happy lol Ripley too, he is far to cute for anyone to possably be scared of such a cute face lol Perky and Blair though.. everyone is terrified of Blair lol after all everyone has to run away from the terrifying fluffball lol Perky some people are and some people arent, most people are not anymore but everyone used to be afraid of her lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

We have had a few people react to ours. More the girls then Spot (I think becuase they are black), although we do occasionally get the dalmatians are bad with kids comments

No ones scared of Bull because he's a puppy! Although when he grows up, I don't know. Sme people are afraid of labs. My friend Lindsey had a lab when she was little and the dog attacked her and ripped her scalp away from her head. So I bet she'll be scared when he gets bigger. My friend Kristen is scared of any dog that is black. I do not know why!!