Thread: Victorian sheepdog championships..*pics*

Victorian sheepdog championships..*pics*

The Vic sheep dog championships are currently being held in our city, which is awesome . I went up to watch thursday night and i am going to watch the finals today. The dogs are amazing (Especially the Borders), it is like the BCs actualy make dicisions for themselves where as the Kelpies will wait for thier handlers aproval.

I have now been motivated to get Elvis into classes and get him out there trialing, although most of the dogs competing at the championships are actual farm dogs. Elvis is still a city boy at heart .

I did not get many photos as the lighting was pretty bad, storm clouds were rolling in. But here are a few that i did get, and a few random C & E photos.

I cannot wait until i go today, i also want to talk to a couple of breeders there to see if they sell to sporting homes or just working homes.

Photos next post...
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

C & E coming up next
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

"Just keep swimming"

Doughnut nose . Clover loves that toy.

LOL silly girl.

Thats all for now, hope you enjoyed.

Enjoy I did! I especially liked seeing C & E They look so cute together and like best buddies. Love that pic of them swimming. Great team work!

Robin

great pics! i like this one!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Wonderful pics Clover! Love the one of Elvis and Clover swimming with the stick.

I'd love to get Oz or Gully into sheep herding, but not sure if there's anyplace around here to train, since we're in the city.

About 10 years ago, when we were visiting Australia and New Zealand, we took a tour of a sheep farm. They had a demonstration of the dogs herding the sheep and I too was amazed at the intelligence of the dogs. Quite a thing to witness.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

That's so neat you saw sheepdog trials!! I've always wanted to see one! I hope you get to start Elvis too!! Blaze would love that!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

I can't believe looking at all that pretty grass when mine is covered with snow! I bet that event was fun. Your pups are adorable as always!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thanks everyone .

Well the championships are all over and a lovely BC by the name of Genie took out first place, she was amazing. Gorgeous little dog aswell, and oh so fast and in control. I am inquiring about classes this afternoon.

Also elvis and i got our photo taken by a guy from our local newspaper, we will be in next week sometime .

The weather was perfect today just a little rain to soften the ground and a nice cool breeze, unlike all last week where the weather was very hot and dusty.

I did not end up getting more photos, but will post the ones in the paper when they put them in.

I used to love watching sheep dog trials in the Lake district when I lived in England! Those BCs are amazing are'nt they!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

My fav is them both swiming with the stick!!
    Those two always put a smile on my face!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome