Thread: catty quirks

catty quirks

Hi. I'm new to this website but I'm very impressed.
    We have 10 cats, or, 10 cats have us
    One of our quirkiest cats is Brutus Tutus (tooty bear).
    He has a fetish for plastic grocery bags, fresh litterboxes,candy corn, cotton candy, powdered sugar donuts, saltine crackers, etc.
    Is the sugary stuff bad for him? We know the plastic isn't healthy & we try to get the bags " out of the reach of children".
    He also has to have his own special water bowl on a saucer which he paws at & usually spills some whenever he drinks (we call that his "drinking problem" )
    When he uses the litterbox, he covers & covers & covers, going so far as to try to scratch litter (apparently) off of the roof & sides of the enclosed litterboxes!
    Also, several of our cats, occasionally when they're offered food, will act like their covering it up. Does this mean they don't like it?
    We love cats, & we love people who love cats.
    I'm looking forward to hearing about YOUR cats quirky behaviors.
    We will post pictures as soon as I find the ambition to try & figure out how. We're not real computer literate but we love to learn.
    My fav. website is litterbox cam!!

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!

You sound like you will fit right in here!

I have 15 cats and foster usually about 10 more for a rescue group. And quirky habits is their middle name But they are the best and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I love your cats name!! Our big cat, Milo Muffin, drags his food bowl around the kitchen (it's on a placemat) and meows until I finally give in and feed him. And I always do! I wouldn't think that the sugar is good for him, but I can't say too much. I give Milo mashed taters as an extra treat!! He loves them!

Thanks for replying.
    Wow! I thought 10 was a herd!
    We wound up going from 5 to 10 after WE tried the rescue thing. We trapped five ferals & ended up not having the heart to give them to the shelter (the lady there said there was a good chance that they'd have to be put down due to crowding
    ), so we kept them.
    We're trying to give them a healthy & happy home with lots of love.
    I hope I can learn to use this website better.
    Thanks again for replying.

Joe & debbie,
    Kit-Kat (who's all that!)
    Flashy Pants
    Brutus Tutus
    Baby Zuessy
    Princy-Wincy
    Mamakat
    Ozzy-Oz
    Tabitha
    Ginger-Winger (Dolly)
    & Little Libby

Thanks for repling , Relish.
    Milo sounds pretty hip. Isn't it awesome how he lets you know exactly what his wants are?!
    Tooty bear likes YELLOW marshmallow peeps. He holds them down with his front paws & licks their heads off
    What is your katz's favorite toys?
    Our kitties like the little sparkly pompons from the crafts dept. at walmart.

Joe, Deb
    & the katz

oh how I love quirky cats.
    I dont think I have ever had a cat that was "normal', although when you get to know each cat, it is definately normal for them.
    In the past I have had cats with various quirks such as having to wash each and every bit of food before eating, like a racoon. I have had a one Persian that loved peas and could shell them herself.

Junior is my current feline friend, and he is just one big quirk on furry legs. He loves raisins,and marshmallows. He loves the sound of rustling candy wrappers and will go as far as stealing and opening candies out of the bowl on my desk. Junior travels across the living room floor on his back, and he chases snowflakes through the window ( not seeming to notice that he is unsucessful and also bumps his head each time he lunges at them). He also will stop dead in his tracks and stick out his tongue like he is thinking.
    Between the medical issues and the behavior issues we have had with Junior, these quirks make him all the more lovable and reconfirm his place in my heart.

Thanks alot for your reply.
    Yep, tooty has taken candy out of the bowl too.
    The food washers sound challenging!
    Junior sounds like quite the clown. Sounds like Tooty, one big quirk. He is the kitty mascot in our house. If there's a job to be done, Tooty is the self appointed supervisor. If there's something new in the house, he inspects it first, as he is the bravest.
    He also loves battery powered toothbrushes & electric razors.
    Have a great day!
    Joe & Debbie
    Kit-Kat
    Flashy Pants
    Brutus Tutus
    Baby Zuessy
    Princy-Wincy
    Tabitha
    Ozzy-Oz
    MamaKat
    Ginger-Winger (dolly)
    Little Libby
    Little Sugar
    Miss Molly-our outside resident.

Milo loves crinkle balls and litlle toy mice. He likes to throw the mice up in the air and then catch them. I think he must have been a good mouser before we got him! (We got him from the local humane shelter.) Our other kitty, Emma Belle, loves the ring off the milk jug.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Welcome to Pet Talk! I think what we see as our cats' quirks are probably just normal feline behavior. My Mitzi also "digs to China" when using the litterbox; Mishi doesn't like to get his velvet paws dirty so he paws outside the litterbox thinking it's going to do the job he's my strange big boy. We know he's a bit "tetched" as he suffered a severe head blow before he was rescued; it makes him a bit goofy, but very special to me.

They both LOVE plastic bags and I know it's not good for them, but it is funny to see them chomping on the plastic.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Hi! thanks alot for replying.
    Isn't that cute how they paw at nothing to "cover it up"?
    Sometimes after a while of doing this, brutus will CHARGE out of the litterbox at full speed and go several rooms away ! Funny as heck! He also hates it when I'm on this computer. He sits & paws at me sooooo intently! I ask him "What?" & he meows & looks around like I should follow him. Sometimes I do follow him & he just takes me for a little stroll around the house. He's a silly ol' cat! He has more nicknames than any of our other cats. He hates to be held, but he loves to be petted & scratched.
    Thanks again for your reply.
    I'm tyrying to figure out how to put a picture of him & others on here.
    I'm not too savvy on computers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Joe & Debbie
    Kit-Kat
    Flashy Pants
    Brutus Tutus
    Baby Zuessy
    Princy-Wincy
    Tabitha
    Ozzy-Oz
    MamaKat
    Ginger-Winger (dolly)
    Little Libby
    Little Sugar

Kool!
    I figured it out.
    please look at this picture. this is Brutus Tutus.
    Can anyone help me show the image outright?
    I see the button for "insert an image into your message", but when i click on it, it says to enter the "text to be formatted"
    I don't get it but I love to learn.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Joe & Debbie
    Kit-Kat
    Flashy Pants
    Brutus Tutus
    Baby Zuessy
    Princy-Wincy
    Tabitha
    Ozzy-Oz
    MamaKat
    Ginger-Winger (dolly)
    Little Libby
    Little Sugar

WELCOME!!!
    This is such a great group. My name is Deb.. Mommacat
    We have 3 fur children. Shadow our Calico Princess who wil be 15 in MAy
    CLayton. Black and White Tuxedo. adopted from our NO KILL SPCA ladt January. We think he is about 7 years. he is Momma's Handsome Prince
    Tucker: also adopted from our SPCA. Tucker is about 20 months old. He is an orange/white tabby and just tooooooo adorable for words. Tucker oNLY likes ONE brand of plastic bag. He cannot be bothered with Wal-Mart, Target or plastic grocery bags. He likes this department store's bags called KOHL'S. He LOVES the LARGEST ones. He mashes them all down and lays on them. Must be from his days as a street orphan before he was taken to our SPCA. He's a pistol. OHHHHHH Yeah.. Tucker has a SHOE fetish. He LOVES my husband's shoes. Sticks his whole head in his Daddy's shoes and then rolls around in and on them and then falls asleep. I have never seen a cat with a show fetish. He also likes to see the potty flush. He's a little strange.. but we adore him.
    I cannot our lives with out any of our three babies.

Blessings,
    Deb Mommacat