Thread: HELP!! Zipper is hiding up in the roof and he won't come out!

HELP!! Zipper is hiding up in the roof and he won't come out!

Help!! Zipper was neutered last Thursday, and he has been hiding in the roof since. He came out once on Saturday for a drink of water, but that's it. I put some food up there for him to try and get him out, but he won't come. I need some suggestions to help get him out of the roof!

Poor Zipper

One of my rescues crawled inside the pedestal of my bidet once (I THOUGHT at the time that the bathroom would be the best place to keep them )

I had to remove all the other cats, then set a humane trap with REALLY stinky food, and re-trap the kitty!!

Any chance you could get hold of a humane trap? Most rescue orgs and shelters will have one you can borrow, althouth they may require a deposit.

If poor Zipper hasn't eaten for a while this may be the easiest way. (Try smelly tinned food, or some Tuna) As soon as he is in the trap, cover with a towel or blanket whilst you move him to a safer place (indoors???) - the darkness calms them down!

Good luck!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

In the roof??? How on earth did he manage to crawl up there...but then he's a cat....they go where they want to. Poor guy. Do mean attic? I don't have any real suggestions but I'm going to PM you my phone numbers. I only live across the bridge from you in New West and maybe I can help.

slick
    xo
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I would try,to coax him down,maybe,wit Tuna,or Deli Turkey,and dont worry,sooner,or later he will come down,and be your Friend Again.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I would go with the really stinky food - like tuna or sardines or something. If he hasn't eaten he has to be hungry! Hopefully he'll come out soon, poor boy.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Yay! Zipper came down! I went down to look for him and I saw him drinking some water. I am at my sisters right now, my internet is not working.

I have Zip locked in the crate right now, until I can close the roof off. He was in the basment and he got in the roof down there. He had a litltle bit to drink since he got down and has not ate.

He seems Ok, but if he does not start eating pretty soon he will have to go into the vet. I will try and update you as soon as I can

Hooray for Zipper I'm glad he came out all by himself.