Thread: Things are not looking good for my brother:(

Things are not looking good for my brother:(

My brother may be in trouble for something he did not do.

Here is some background of the story first. For about a few weeks now someone has been running over street signs, and also beating and running over people's mailboxes. Finally I guess someone got tired of it and went to the cops.

Christmas evening my brother went out with some other guys he knows. My dad told him not to but he did anyways. Well the one guy that was riding with him we will call him "B" he jerked my brothers steering wheel. This caused my brother to run into a person's mailbox. Well he tore up his truck some. My dad asked him what happened and at first my brother told my dad some lame story. Well finally he told the truth.

So my dad and brother went and talked to the person. The man agreed my brother could pay for his mailbox and put up a new one. My brother done that the next day.

My brother also wrecked his car about 2 weeks before all of this happened. So he did not have a car. He was driving our grandma's car to work and back home.

Fast forward to yesterday evening, the West Virginia State Police called my brother. They wanted to talk to him about the mailboxes and street signs. Come to find out the one guy "B" had blamed this whole thing on my brother. This "B" guy is saying he had nothing to do with running over any of the mailboxes or street signs.

My brother had go to the county cops again this morning and "B" is still sticking to the same story. So now it looks like they may both get arrested just because this "B" doesn't want go down alone. The cops do know that "B" has something do with all what has happened.

The cops said they will be back in touch with my brother. I'm not sure what this means. I don't know if they will call him for more questioning or arrest him.

I am so scared for him right now!! Please pray he will not get arrested because of this dumb guy!
    Last edited by Tina; 01-10-2005 at 10:59 AM.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

Oh, Tina...you've been through so much lately! Finger, paws and prayers coming your brothers way. I hope things will work out.
    ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>

Faith is being able to jump first and grow wings later

When a waterbug leaves his friends and climbs the stalks, he is unable to return. But he gains a beautiful new body and a glorious perspective on a new world. He knows his friends will join him with their new bodies one day...one glorious day

How terrible! It sounds like "B" jerled his steering wheel on purpose so that he could blame the whole thing on your brother. The cops will sort it out, they are good at figuring out who is telling the truth and who is lying.

We will hope the truthw ins out, and that your brother will be okay. Tell him to stay calm, and just maintain his version of events - to even write it down for himself right now, just so he doesn't get confused if it drags into a protracted dispute.

Oh my gosh.. I do sincerely hope your brother will be out of this crazy mess that he doesn't deserve to be into, because of his friend that did that to him! Don't worry -- It'll be alright!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Originally posted by catnapper
    How terrible! It sounds like "B" jerled his steering wheel on purpose so that he could blame the whole thing on your brother. The cops will sort it out, they are good at figuring out who is telling the truth and who is lying.
    I agree with catnapper it sounds like he did it so he could blame the whole thing on your brother and get away with it!
    Hannah & All my little friends!

I hope your brother is found innocent in the end.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

The one thing your brother has for him is that he went and spoke to the owner's of the mailbox and offered to pay for the damage. That had not been done with any of the others and demonstrates at least your brother is honest in the end.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

Well I haven't heard anything else. We haven't even told my grandma what has happened either since her bloodpressure going up last week. I felt really bad when we was talking about my brother and his job. He is now on the third shift where he works 11 PM until 7 PM.

I just hope the cops will see that my brother is telling the truth.

Also the "B" guy he was driving a farm use truck when all of this was happening. Well he stopped driving it about a week ago. We think that is the truck he used to hit all of the mailboxes with. Now he probably has it hidden somewhere!

Another thing is my brother told me that "B" had told my brother, that he had hit them other mailboxes. So I just don't know how he can go and change his story now. Of course I know that "B" is just trying to safe his own butt.

I hope the cops can see through "B" story!!!!!

Fingers crossed for your brother.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I hope your brother is found innocent in the end
    me too {{{hugs}}}
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Usually they will preform an investigation before they can issue a warrent for arrest. I would think they would want to see your brothers wrecked vehicle and would take paint samples to see if his vehicle could be considered.

They can't arrest someone without proof. Its "B's" word against your brothers. That's not enough to arrest someone.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Well the way my mom was talking the cop did tell my brother they could arrest both "B" and him. I don't think they have even looked at my brother's vehicle yet.

The cops are doing a investigation now. It is really hard to tell what they are going do next.