Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on Ebby

Update on Ebby

We went to the vets tonight and her tail was bandaged up in the hope that, though she can reach it, (the end, where it won't heal because she bites at it) the bandage will stop her actually biting. (It has been on around three and a half hours now - fingers crossed.)

She also has more antibiotics to take, but a different type and just one a day. I am to take her back next Tues when if it has not signifcantly improved she stay there and have surgery to remove the end of her tail.

Last night I locked up her room so she didn't have the chance to wedge herself somewhere in there and pull the cone off again. (And poor Bob was crated once more). To my surprise she spent the night on my bed! She slept well but I didn't, I was crammed near the edge and kept waking up worried I might push her off!

Anyway, that's about it ..I am very tired right now so I won't go into the story of how the Pet insurance company has really got me mad ...

Chris

Awww...poor Ebby with her wrapped up tail. I sure hope the antibiotics and her not biting on it do the trick so it doesn't have to be removed - ouchie! She looks so sad with her bandage and cone on.

Sweet kissies to you Ebby. I'm sorry you have to go through all this, but please don't hate your meowmy because of it. She is only trying to do what's best for you.

Chris, sleeping on the edge of the bed so as not to disturb the furbabies is normal practice around our house. You get used to teetering on the edge of the bed.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Chris,

I hope Ebby will shove over tonight and give you some more room .............
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Poor baby, I just WISH that tail would heal!

But I had to take one of my Mama's cat to have a tail removed ... The cat didn't even notice it was gone so it is really no big deal to her kitty.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Poor Ebby girl!

Does her skin kind of twitch along her spine? If so, she might have feline hyperesthesia. My Cricket has that and started attacking her tail. After a long effort with cones and bandages, the vet finally amputated her tail. Now she's a bunny butt, but she doesn't have any more self-biting problems.

Wow, that looks like a really good bandage job!! Hopefully it'll help her avoid surgery.

Ebby, honey. I know it itches and hurts, but you've got to leave that tail alone, OK??

I'm sorry the insurance is giving you a hard time. I'm learning insurance, of any type, don't seem to be service orientent.

Get some sleep. I'll be praying healing prayers.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Poor Ebby girl. I hope you leave that lampshade on! You are the life of the party little girl...if only you'd leave that tail alone. Has the vet ever mentioned what CatsinDenver mentioned "feline hyperesthesia". May be worth bringing up if Ebby's tail doesn't start getting better. Kisses pitiful girl.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Awww poor sweet Ebby. She definitely does not look too happy in that picture.

I hope and pray that the bandage idea works and she won't have to have the tip of her tail amputated.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Poor Ebby. I sure hope that her tail will heal so she won't need surgery. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

poor sweet Ebby!
    Get well soon!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Poor Ebby

She looks *so* happy

I hope that she stops biting at her tail, and that it doesn't have to be removed-big OUCH!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Ebby - relax

Dear Ebby,

Your Mom is worried about your health. Please be a good girl, and behave yourself. We all know you would love to be well again, so get with the program, and don't nibble on your tail.

We all here at Camp Vermont, wish you special get well wishes and strength to your Mom, cause she is getting mighty tired of staying awake all night!

Be a good girl Ebby!

Love,
    Sas and her brats

Oh Chris isn't it too sad that the furkids behave so irrational (most of the time we love them for it but when they are sick they are really wearing you out!)

{{{Hugs}}} for you. I hope the Ebby girl calms down a little. Scritchies for her and poor Bob too

Poor Ebby, she looks so frustrated in that cone... . How did that wound on her tail start? Was she attacked by another animal?
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Bless her heart, and yours, too, Chris. I hope that she will be better in no time!!!