Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nominations for Thread of the year 2004!

Re: MY nomination...

Originally posted by RICHARD
    http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/show...ight=%2ABOB%2A

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...624#post640624

This thread still gets to me.

Although it's quite a sad thread, it shows the kind of hearts that belong to PT.

I have read tons of stuff in my personal life-but nothing that has moved me like Bob's story.
    Richard, I was going to search for that thread and nominate it too. I don't cry a lot but I bawled harder than I ever have over Bob. I know my husband was totally shocked over how strongly I reacted to this story. I still get a pit in my stomach thinking about Bob and his short time with PIF's family.

I agree that sub-categories are really needed since there were so many noteworthy threads this past year.

From Decker with Love

I also wanted to add Bon's first thread.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/show...threadid=60917

As well as Angus' thread that Jess nominated.
    I think Bon has definetly helped us all in the healing, and I certainly know he's helped Anna and Mark.

I don't know how it was done before, but it seems to me it'd be a bit easier if there were 4 categories of the Dog threads, Cat threads, Pet threads, and Other threads, and a winner in each of those categories. The message board is divided up into a Dog section, Cat section, Pet section, and Other section, so it makes sense (to me) to have one thread for each section.

I'm not trying to make things more complicated, it just seemed it might be a bit easier, especially for people who mainly hang out in one or two sections due to limited time, etc. I'm enjoying all the threads that have been posted!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Re: MY nomination...

Originally posted by RICHARD
    http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/show...ight=%2ABOB%2A

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...624#post640624

This thread still gets to me.

Although it's quite a sad thread, it shows the kind of hearts that belong to PT.

I have read tons of stuff in my personal life-but nothing that has moved me like Bob's story.
    Oh wow... I was reading the last thread, about when he was going to be PTS... PIF said, "I promised him a furever home... four days is not long enough." I have never sobbed so hard in my life.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I am so touched that our Bob is remembered by other people.

Yesterday I started to make Bob’s page for my site and whilst looking though the hundreds of photos I took that week, whilst I cuddled him and I wept a river.

Every time I see Annie I feel guilty for breaking my promise to Bob to give him a furever home but he no longer needs us and she does. Annie is not a replacement, never that but a way to go on loving.

Funny how attached you can get to a beloved furkid in a few days, I just wish he had more time.

Thank you, it is lovely to think that Bob touched several lives in the short time he was here with us. I do believe in fate, Bob was meant to be with us for his last week on earth, maybe it was so he could be loved even if it was for a short time.

He didn’t die in a cage

There is another kitty who touched my heart deeply: Almalfi in Cat rescue- want to nominate him

Magoo and Birdie are my favorite stories. I nominate them for thread of the year.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

I nominate the one Jess posted of Angus...

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Thanks for your nominations.

Since a lot of you have nominated the Magoo threads, but none of them in particular, I’ll put them all under one in the poll thread, namely “Tales of Magoo”. I’ll do the same with the Lucky & Louie threads, as a lot of them are overlapping. They will go under “Lucky and Louie, the tales of two cats”. I’ll put links as a reference to the title threads in the first post of the nomination thread.

Every one of you has the possibility to nominate up to 5 threads. You can choose from whichever Forum you like. I’d prefer if you could post the title in the link you nominate, so I know exactly what you have nominated. I’ll tell you how to do that below. You're also welcome to only post the title.

1. Find the thread you want to nominate
    2. Click on the URL link of it. Copy.
    . . Remember the name of the title!
    3. When you have your Reply window open, click on: http://
    4. Type the title of the thread in the white box, then OK,
    and paste the link in you copied before in the next box that appears. OK again.

That’s it! You have the title of the thread AND the *link* in your post.

A few questions:

Catcrazylady! Could you please post the titles of the threads you want to nominate? (Birdie, Gabriel & Grace)

Laura's Babies! I also need the titles of the ones you want to nominate, please.

Jazzcat, do you want to nominate both Bob threads or just one? If so, which one?

Barbara, is this the one you want to nominate? Almalfi - the boy in a bag?

LoveMyAbbyGirl! I take it you want to nominate the same two threads as Richard! ?? I know the names.
    Last edited by Randi; 01-11-2005 at 05:12 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Here is the Angus thread:

Our Beloved Angus.... A Friend Lost
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Thought I better get this going and nominate some threads myself. In case anyone wonder, it IS allowed to nominate threads you started yourself.

My nominations so far is:

Tales of Magoo

Lily is ready for the Olympics!! Who wants to join her?

The Cruise of the good Ship "Feline Princess"

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Randi - I think both threads on Bob should go together as just the Story of Bob. I think they are both needed to understand the whole thing. Can they just go together as one? and if so I would like to nominate it (or both if you want them seperate).
    Thanks!

From Decker with Love

Right now I just don't feel like crying anymore over some things from 2004. Not escapism really.. and knowing the love and care of everyone does make the heart go pitty-pat.. but I for now need to laugh and feel good and get a bit goofy. I would - at the moment at least, but we aren't voting yet go with Feline Cruise and the ".. ready for the Olympics" which I believe ended up with Cat AND Dog entries!

Originally posted by jazzcat
    I think both threads on Bob should go together as just the Story of Bob. I think they are both needed to understand the whole thing. Can they just go together as one?
    I agree, I will put them together as one.

I will do the same with Birdie, there are also quite a few threads on this one.

Laurie, it's true, we'd had so much sadness here lately, so I feel the same way. I need to read something uplifting, and I think it may also cheer others up to read some of those threads.

I forgot to nominate this one:
    WHO was their real estate / rental agent!??

Done!!
    Last edited by Randi; 01-12-2005 at 06:13 AM.

How did I miss Phred's BURDZ? Never saw that one, musta been in another universe. Oh well.. I've read it now and it's for sure a top contender! What fun! And DRAMA!