Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh what is she doing?!

Oh what is she doing?!

Abby is driving me NUTS today. She's sitting downstairs crying non-stop. She sees me, runs to me, headbumps me and walks away. I know she doesn't want food since the bowls are full, same with water. She doesn't want Allen or Pouncer. She doesn't want to play with me.

I pick her up, she cuddles for a mere moment and jumps down. She keeps crying and looking like she wants me to follow her. I say, "what sweetie?" and she meows back... I try to follow her and she stops dead in the middle of a room, or by her food, etc.

I *hope* its not the start of her going into heat. Is she too young? Only 5 months. If she is, then good thing Harry got fixed yesterday! But she and Harry are also inseparable during the day - always napping and playing together. Harry's been at Jen's since Wednesday night. I tried putting her with Allen and she wasn't the least bit interested in him... she gave him a half-heartd headbumpie and walked away. I'm thinking that its just that she misses her brother.

ANY ideas what she could be crying for? Could it really be that she is missing Harry?

When I called to make R&R's snip appointment for Jan. 6th they told me that females can go into heat as early as 4 months but average was in the 5-6 month range. It could be that for Abby but I bet she's just missing Harry, at least I hope that is it.

Keep us posted.

From Decker with Love

Re: Oh what is she doing?!

Originally posted by catnapper
    I *hope* its not the start of her going into heat. Is she too young? Only 5 months.

ANY ideas what she could be crying for? Could it really be that she is missing Harry?
    heat: yes, not impossible. Tigris's mom was hardly 6 months when she started to date that guy who was to become Tigris' dad. We are glad she did but her owners weren't

Missing Harry: yes, for sure. Cats react sensitive to anything that's different- and no Harry IS different

Here's the little cry-baby posing in my office. I tried to take a video to show you all... of course she was dead silent and didn't meow once. Figures!

Abby if I was a catboy I'd run to be close to you

Awwwww, Abby is so precious!!! What a girl!
    I think that she is in heat... does she roll on the floor too?
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

rolling... hmmm... yes, but she has always been a floor roller. Is there any... ummm... 'stuff' I should be on the lookout for coming from certain areas? I've never had a girl cat before and I have NO CLUE here! Help!

Yes Jen, once you read this, you can laugh at me!

With my recent experience with Peanut and Tubby being gone, I'm saying that she misses Harry.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Re: Re: Oh what is she doing?!

Originally posted by Barbara
    heat: yes, not impossible. Tigris's mom was hardly 6 months when she started to date that guy who was to become Tigris' dad. We are glad she did but her owners weren't

Missing Harry: yes, for sure. Cats react sensitive to anything that's different- and no Harry IS different
    LOL, you put it so well. Dating! Shouldn't they have married before they had children together?!

Thank you Wolfie!

She obviously want something and wants it now and is real insistant about it... Don't let her escape when the door is open!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    One quick way to find out if she's in heat is to pat her rump just above her tail. If she starts acting all cutsy, and starts putting that fanny in the air, chances are she's in heat. Cats can, and do get pregnant at five months old, so good thing there's no intact boy cats around. Hope she's scheduled for a spay soon.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I know how you feel, Kim!

I'm going through the same thing with Emma, the 3AM-8AM howling is the worst!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

It sounds like she misses Harry. When we had fewer cats, the others would look for their missing sibling.

Cats can go into heat between 4 and 6 months. I hope its just that she missed Harry or is being a crazy little girl...totally cute picture btw!!

...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I'm sure it's because she misses her cuddly brother.

Poor Abby. Don't worry sweetie, your brother isn't gone forever.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

She has stopped the constant meowing. So perhaps it was just a middle of the afternoon-missing-my-brother dance. Though when I touched her just above the base of the tail she did get all squishy and scrunched upp looking (can't quite describe how she reacted)

I heard news from Jen that Harry is doing just fine, but misses his mommy! Awww.... I want my boy back so badly! Hopefully we can pick him up tonight on my way home from a party - it'll be going at least an hour out of our way to get him, but he's worth it