Thread: It was an expensive weekend!

It was an expensive weekend!

We all had a great Thanksgiving and little Trouble has decided that turkey is his FAVORITE food!

However, on Saturday morning I got up as usual and fed the cats. Hubby was suppose to be watching them eat since we have several issues with them while I was in the shower. Trouble tends to bully the others from their food since he feels as a growing kitten he should get it all. If it isn't Trouble trying to get everyone's food then it is Kaliban who really doesn't appreciate the restricted amount of food she is on due to her ....umm.....pleasently plumpness. Deirdre has a tendency to want to wait until everyone else is done eating before she nibbles on hers..so you have to protect her food till she is ready. And both Brianna and Katiebug have issues with food and throwing it up.

So like I was saying, hubby was suppose to be monitoring the situation while I was in the shower. But he fell back asleep. So I come out of the bathroom and everything looks alright. Hubby gets out of bed and heads on into the bathroom himself while I crawl back into bed for the cuddle time with the cats.

I turn on the TV to watch the weather channel and what do I get?!?!?!?!?!? A single 1/4 inch wide horizontal stripe across my tv!!!!! NO PICTURE!!! I had sound but just that stripe. I get up and look at the tv and what do I see????? One big pile of wet sloppy puke right on top of the TV...running down into it.....*sigh* Now if hubby had been doing his job he could have moved whomever was on the tv puking (I am guessing Katie) but noooooooooo....he slept right through the retching...*sigh again*

So we went out Sat to buy a new TV. We picked up a nice flat screen for only 170.00 But it is making a nasty electronic buzzing noise that I can hear over the volume...so it still isn't resolved. But you know...I would still never trade them for the world.

Denyce

Re: It was an expensive weekend!

Originally posted by Denyce

We picked up a nice flat screen for only 170.00
    But it is making a nasty electronic buzzing noise
    that I can hear over the volume...

BAD Daddy!
    (Good Kat-Watchin Help is HARD to find these daze!

As for the new, NOISY , TV ~
    TAKE IT BACK and tell them you want another NEW one!

The one you got should be considered "DOA" (dead on arrival) and
    the store should willingly exchange it for you.

Might ask to open the box and TRY the new one out in the store
    before you take it home.

/s/ Phred
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

The TV needs to go back ..... shouldn't have to tolerate buzzing at any price!

Now.... don't worry, we won't tell anyone that the puke thing was all a ploy to get a new tv!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Saturday November 27 Television Listings-

TMC- The Man who Loved Cat Dancing-Western-Color-1973

AMC-Cat People-Horror-Color-1982

TNT-Cat in the Hat-Comedy-2003

Disney-That Darned Cat-Comedy-2003

The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Originally posted by kimlovescats
    Now.... don't worry, we won't tell anyone that the puke thing was all a ploy to get a new tv!!!
    Yep, and Daddy won't mention it, but he did something to the new TV already to make that nice buzzy noise. See, he wants an LCD or plasma, with surround sound and the whole works. Yes, I know it's the bedroom, but it still needs only the best, newest, latest, hottest in electronic gadgets, doesn't it?

Wow, really sounds like feeding time has it's issues! And I thought I had it bad when I had to keep Tubby from inhaling his food and then invading Peanut's space. I never knew just how good I have it.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

*LOL*

Yes the TV is going back tomorrow. It was going to go back tonight..however my mom lives with us and she is teaching a painting class tonight....*grin*. We like to get home as soon as possible when she is not around for nice quiet time.

We bought the TV at Circuit City. You can hardly hear yourself think in that store let alone listen for a buzzing noise. There was a Toshiba that we also liked for about the same price. Since this was the last of the Philips I guess we go for the Toshiba.

As far as electronic toys.....*L* I am not sure which of us is worse in that respect...I keep trying to find a way to justify maxing out the Home Equity Line of credit and getting that huge wide plasma HDTV with surround sound etc. I just haven't been able to justify it yet...

We are 40 and still love our toys. Anything electronic. Including X-box. We must have 800 dollars worth of games. The new one Fable is on my Christmas list.

Yes many cat feeding issues...*sigh* It is hard when you have such a diversified group with special issues and such differing metabolisms. I also have food bowls with Royal Canin sensitive stomach formula at different levels in the house. I have to put them places that Kaliban the tubby one can't get to them. I just lost one of the places because she has lost enough weight that she can now get up on that bookshelf and clean out the bowl. So that is a really good thing....right? *L*

Denyce

Maybe you can feed them in carriers? I know someone on here does that.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I am not happy,when The Cats accidentally Ruin something,but to me,you can always buy a Creation,of Man,but noonone sells JJJ3.And I am glad,that you are not angry,with The Catys,as too many people treasure possesions,over thier Companions!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh gosh no I would never ever be angry with my cats over something like that. In fact the only time I really get annoyed not angry with them is when they won't let me sleep and when they won't quit fighting with each other...or when Trouble won't stop biting me. *L* They could shred, puke on, pee on or poop on every material thing I own and I would still just love them and try to figure out who was not feeling well. Things can be replaced...living companions can't.

Last night we exchanged the buzzing Phillips TV for a Panasonic. It was a much better one and it was only 20 dollars more. Plus the major bonus is that the vents for heat loss are on the side of the TV rather than the top. YEAH!

I would try feeding them in the carriers and I have always tried to make the carrier a safe place for them however Deirdre becomes very stressed at the sight of them. She goes in them alright but she becomes tense and upset as soon as I get them down. Even if I leave them down for several days and the others are all playing around and in them she will slink and scurry by quickly. But it is a great suggestion. I find that sitting with them while they eat is a good bonding time and reading time...just not a good sleeping time

Denyce

LOL... the whole TV thing happened to us this itme last year, and you'd think hubby was goign to die for one moomnt without it! We bought a brand new RCA 27" screen tv for $150 -- big Christmas special of the week, or something like that. You shuold see the size of the thing on my dresser top... Hubby grinned ear to ear for weeks about his big tvin the room. The cats hate it because they used to be able to sit on the dresser and watch tv.. not there's no room for even a paw!