Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rusty, the new boy

Rusty, the new boy

This is Rusty. He was trapped last week and went to the vets for the big snip and test. He's a friendly little guy who doesn't mind being picked up and petted. He also gives lots of head bumpies. And he's getting along pretty well with the other six.

He went back to the vet Monday for a blood test because he's been processing 8 ounces of water every 3 hours. His blood test came back fine, no diabetes or kidney problems. The vet seems to think he's just flushing the anesthetics and worm meds. After a week, I would think he's pretty well "flushed" by now.

This is the first time I've had this happen. Anybody else?

Mary

He's so cute! What a pretty cat. I'm not familiar with cats so I can't help you there.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

He is so handsome, Mary!!! Is he staying?? Sure sounds like it!!!

Sorry I have no advice on the water thing, but it sounds like you have ruled out the most obvious things, so maybe he's making up for lost time on a fresh source of water. You think?

Logan

OH he is sooo pretty.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

He is pretty!!! Is he a new addition to your family? I'm not sure of the water thing either - I noticed the other day mine drank a ton and went in the litter box a ton too but then seemed to level out her drinking????? Debbie

He's not SUPPOSED to be staying, but I said that about the other 6!

Of all the cats I've trapped and fostered, I've never had one need so much water, even after surgery.

I alerted the shelter that I had him, but since they have so many, I think I'll wait until his water usage goes down. Right now they have 134 dogs and 100 cats. Most of them are black, the hardest to get adopted. Rusty would probably get adopted soon, but I want to let the black ones have a chance.

Besides, he's the only one I can hold!

Mary

Welcome Rusty! What a handsome fella he is! I guess pee pee-ing too much is better than not enough!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

What an incredibly handsome boy! He is adorable! I love that sweet little face.
    No advice on the peeing situation. I'm going to guess it's a good thing because the opposite would be really really bad!
    Keep us posted and hopefully he will level out once he realizes that he has fresh water available at all times. Maybe that is something new to him. Poor thing.

7,is such a lucky number,thats the excuse,that I gave myself,when it was Sammys turn,and that turned out very well,and I think,that Rusty,will too.After all,yours,is the best place,that Rusty,could be in.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Well----------------I took Rusty back to the vet for his booster shot yesterday. The vet did another blood test to se if she could find a reason for his excessive drinking and peeing. She concluded that it's normal for him. Absolutely nothing showed up.

I'd like to find a good home for him. How can anyone not love this face?

Did the vet check his sugar level? Excessive drinking and peeing may be diabetes. He's such a handsome sweet boy.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

What a sweet face! Very beautiful eyes.
    Don't Breed & Buy
    While Homeless Pets Die
    Ritchi
    Sammi

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Hmm .... excessive drinking and peeing .... perhaps something's awry with his kidneys? I know those were Mishi's symptoms. Our vet could actually feel the difference in his kidneys - one's shrunken and not functioning well and the other is enlarged and taking over for all of his kidney function (and doing quite well, thank you God! Mishi is almost completely symptom free on his low-protein K/D diet.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    What a handsome (I shouldn't say pretty, which is more fitting) cat! I love the amber colored eyes against his pale beige and white fur. No more advice that hasn't been posted already about the excessive water consumption, but he looks very young to me. No jowls that one would expect from an older intact male. Any age guess?
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Rusty is just beautiful and looks so sweet!