Thread: Thinking of "Rosie"

Thinking of "Rosie"

I've never before talked about Rosie on PT. She was almost my first dog... the love of my life. Back when I was in 7th grade my good friend's rottweiler, Ruby delivered a litter of 7 rottweiler pups. I named the runt, Rosie, I loved that pup so much. I of course had pleaded with my parents for weeks that we get Rosie but my Mom was totally against it (she's never wanted me to have a dog)... in the end just when my Mom was beginning to weaken, Rosie was sold. I never even got to say good-bye to her.

I still think about her every once in a while... and wonder how she is. I had a dream about her last night, reliving the whole experience. God I miss that dog. We had a very close bond. I remember the last time I saw her when she was 6 weeks old, she and her brothers and sister were put in the crate to go to sleep that night but whenever I left the room was would whine. I finally went upstaires and could hear her whining, so my friend went down to see her but she continued to whine until I came down and held her... the last time I saw her she was whining in her crate... as I walked away with me Dad.

I hope she's living a happy life and that I can see her again someday. All I know is that she lives in a city about an hour from here and that the owners kept her names Rosie. She would be 5 years old now.

I'll see if I can find some pics of her and post them, I only have 3 or 4.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

What a touching remembrance For sure, your beloved Rosie holds a very special place in your heart; one those doggies that come into our lives then are gone, but never, ever forgotten. I'm sorry you two had to part and especially sorry you didn't have a chance to say goodbye But it sounds as though Rosie had a very important job to do in meeting you; teaching you at a young age, how exquisite and lasting doggie love can be I hope you're able to share some pics of her with us And wouldn't that be great if one day you could meet her again and thank her for leaving such lasting pawprints on your heart Thanks so much for sharing her with us
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 10-24-2004 at 03:58 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thank you Sandra. That is all so true what you said, she did teach me so much and I'll never forget her as long as I live.

I found some pics but my scanner doesn't seem to be working so I'll post them eventually, lol.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*