Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An odd question but...

An odd question but...

...do you let your dogs eat off your spoon/fork?

I've heard that most people think this is gross, but I do it. Peej especially is very careful not to put his lips on my fork. He takes the food with only his little front teeth, so I don't have to worry about doggie spit.

Bailey is usually pretty good about not spitting too, but she drools a lot more than Peej when it comes to people food, so I usually don't let her eat off my fork.

Ok, am I strange for doing this?

Lol, no you are not strange. The only time I let Omar do that is when I am done eating and I will let him lick my spoon or fork once in a great while
    ~Jamie

I let all of my boys eat of of Forks and Spoons....I do bring a extra set to the table for them to use. Max is very good at it but Tobi and Fizzy don't have the hang of it quite yet.

Join Sweet Pea at The Bunny Forum
    Come join me and FizzGigg at The Bichon Lovers Clubhouse
    Thank You Anita & Kay for the wonderful Siggys

I let my babies as well... LOL

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

I do it all the time I have let my dogs lick off my plate, then shortly after I put more food on the same plate
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I don't usually because I don't/can't give my boys human food. (food allergies) But on the occasion that I do - I do. I don't eat after them - but then I don't eat after anyone has used my fork or spoon - guess you could say it is my own phobia.

My father used to get all of my desserts by licking his fork/spoon and placing it ON my food.....

yes, lol

When we used to give people food, I did this all the time. Completely grossed my husband out for a long time, but he eventually got over it.

I also hold treats between my lips and Chester takes them! His little whiskers feel so sweet.

LOL! Beanie eats off my fork too. he prefers it prechewed so he can eat it right out of my mouth............................................. joke.

no that's not wierd at all!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I do...I ate a bowl of ice cream the other night and I took a bite and Gracie took a bite..of course her bites were itsy bitsy..and my husband thought I was nuts..but he will put her treats in his teeth and let her get them..what is the difference? lol..and one day she was licking him in the face so much that he told her he was going to show her what it felt like and licked her back..lol..

Doesn't bother me one bit to share with Gracie..but I wouldn't with any one else's..lol..thats kinda like drinking after my own kids but I dont want another kids spit..lol

I don't. I don't give them people food much because I don't want to start the habit of begging. When I do, it is normally my whole plate after I am finished.

Thank you Wolfie!

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I ALWAYS feed my babies with my fork,,, after I am done tho,,,

Originally posted by FizzGiggs_Mommy
    I let all of my boys eat of of Forks and Spoons....I do bring a extra set to the table for them to use. Max is very good at it but Tobi and Fizzy don't have the hang of it quite yet.
    LOL! It almost sounds like they are using the utensils themselves. Can they cut their meat yet? LOL!

I give Bella and Ripley my cereal bowl in the morning to lap up about 3/4 cup of milk that I leave for them. Don't worry, I don't use sugar in my cereal. They don't usually get much table food except maybe pizza crusts, but that's after the meal has ended, so they don't get to eat off my fork. I am a meany.

lol I would have allowed my last dogs to eat off my plate and stuff... if they hadn't been kitty poo eaters.