View Poll Results: What do you do when it's cold out?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay inside where it's warm

17 62.96%
  • I like the outdoors, activities, etc.

6 22.22%
  • Go shopping, other hobbies, etc.

4 14.81%

Thread: What do you do when it's cold out?

What do you do when it's cold out?

I'm so bummed that summer is already over here!
    I just wonder where the time went this year? I have off on Tuesdays so, I decided just to lay around all day on the recliner, with the 2 dogs on my lap, cuddled up with a warm comforter, sipping hot tea & watching tv.
    I just never know what to do with myself. I do work full-time but, maybe I am one of the most boring people in the world. All I do is work, come home & play with the dogs & talk to my hubby for a bit, watch tv & eat, & go to bed. I definitely need something more in my life, I just wish I knew what it was!!!!

What's cold?
    We go to the beach in the winter time!
    It's just about the only time when it's bearable outside.

I HATE turning the heat on. If we have the heat on, I open my bedroom window. I can't stand the dry, stuffy feeling the heat gives you.

I normally cuddle up with the mutts and wear a sweatshirt.

Well, I'm somebody that is soooo glad summer is over! I don't like the summer and hate the hot weather. I love the winter so I voted being active outside, I enjoy skiing or taking walks in the snow. I love to be outside that time of year, I also love to cuddle up inside too when it's cold. I'm very happy winter is right around the corner! I'm much more active during this time of year.

Well its cold in my room all year round. I live in an unheated basement. I have tones of blankets on my bed all year round

This year there really wasn't much of a summer, I found it cool.

I have to wear long johns & ski pants in the winter or my knees will get sore & through off my walking & I refuse to be sent back to the hospital cause I cannot walk, so I deal with the swish, swish, swish my pants make all winter long hehehehe

Love winter! I spend way more time outside in the winter than I do in the summer. It is never too cold to run a dog team--well, at
    -35C I tend to stay closer to home! I cross country ski, run my team, skijor....I love winter!

My allergies go away, except for the ones I inflict on myself--like the dogs, cats & straw. I can breath much better. I don't sunburn. I am very pale and sunlight is not my friend. Course, the sun isn't up much here in the winter!

I just can't wait for some real winter.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I enjoy hiking in the woods during a Wisconsin winter day. Especially when all the trees are still covered in snow, before it all settles down to the ground- so beautiful. Tracking animals by their footprints is fun too. Hunting also goes on during the cold months, I can be found in the marsh and forest a lot then. Ice fishing is another common thing as soon as the lakes freeze over. When I get too cold I love to huddle under my electric blanket and warm up.

I'm outdoors a lot, even though I get cold pretty fast. :/
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I HATE turning the heat on. If we have the heat on, I open my bedroom window. I can't stand the dry, stuffy feeling the heat gives you.
    Kay I'm the same way! I often leave my window open during the winter. Granted neither one of us has very cold winters
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

whats warm? lol its always cold here! I think I stay inside more when its hot then I do when its cold! lol it also warms me up to think in perspective! lol for example "this will feel like shorts and tee-shirt weather in a couple months when its 40 below every day!"
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

It's been so long since it's been cold, I forgot what I do.

Brrr I hate the cold..I stay inside in my flannel pajamas, my fuzzy blanket and the heater. My fingers and toes are always freezing and it makes the rest of me cold.

Oh yeah, and I hate getting into the car in the morning when it's soooo cold.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Start a fire in the woodstove and curl up with the pups!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I do all the normal daily outdoorsy stuff (Walk dogs etc) but come night time i am inside cuddled up infront of the heater with the dawgs.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

You don't have the option "Curl in a little ball under a blanket and whimper until it warms up" lol

I HATE the cold. It always makes my old sports injuries act up and I get really stiff and sore. Winter is misery for me most of the time.