Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thursdays-closed 09/30

Thursdays-closed 09/30

Hi everyone.
    After runnning it thru my head - and the seeking the wisdom of a
    a Yogi - I have decided to close Thursdays for this week in honor of Laurie's mom who has followed life's path to the Rainbow Bridge.

There are no words we can say to her to help her get over her loss and it wouldn't seem right to carry on when one of our own is hurting in this way.

I know there is a thread where we can leave Laurie a message-
    so maybe we can use this thread to maybe leave some thoughts about our own losses.

This is not a morbid thread or a thread to make us cry or be upset........so, if you would like to post a little story, toss out a prayer or maybe just name a person near and dear to your heart....

I know that there are a few of the PT family members that have lost a loved member of their family in the recent past-this Thursday is dedicated to all of you!

Thanks alot!

----------------------------------

Jess and Pat-

My dad and girlfriend- lost them within six months of each other.....I know that someday I'll see them both again....
    But in the mean time I know that they are sharing their love of the outdoors...Sitting around a campfire, sharing a pot of coffee and just taking the whole scene in....Just the way I remember seeing them as I walked back to the campsite the last time we all went camping together.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

<e-mail to God's Offiss>

TO: GranMom
    FRUM: Yur GranFurrKidz

HI, GranMom ~

Sorrie we missed *yappin* atcha,
    but God sed you an Karen's Mom wuz ober atta Bridge
    to meet Laurie's Mom - dat wuz reel Nice of you!

We tell'd Dad you baked sum Chawklit Chippie Cookies to
    welcome her Home -
    Dad sed "Nutz! Sure do miss Mom's CC Cookies! "

Dad wuz wunderin iffin you mite invite Laurie's Mom to wunna
    your Bridge (Kard) Gamez?
    Dad sez you wuz *Quite da Kard Shark* down here!
    Maybe you kuld get Karen's and Laurie's Moms an Zipp's GranMom
    all tagether fur a game or two?

Dad sez HIS Dad - you call him "Skipper" -
    (frum when you had da Sailin Boatz) -
    iz prolly out *phisshin* inna boat unner da Bridge an wuld
    like sumbuddie else ta be da "Fourth".

Jest wanted ta say HI, GranMom.
    Ya KNOW we *miss* ya!!

An Dad sendz his Luv!!

{{{HUGGS}}} an *Slurrpie Kissez*

/s/ Yur GranFurrKidz

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Both of my parents are gone. Dad died one year ago tomorrow. It's going to be a VERY hard day. Oh, and I also have jury duty tomorrow.

I can't read past these three and it hurts too bad to write what I'm feeling.

To Wendy & Travis who left this earth one year ago Sunday (Oct 3rd, 2003)...

To Miz Sophie Marie, Princess of Parsley, who entered sweet rest on Oct. 19th, 2002...

To my dad who died in December 1974, just short of my 21st birthday and seven months before my son was born; to my mom who died in December 1989; to my beloved step-dad who die in July 2001; and to our furkids who have passed; Blue, Amber, Chester, Star and Peaches.

I am blessed to have had them in my life and to this day I miss them all dearly.

Here is to my own Mom who passed away when I was only ten months old. Maybe my Mom could visit Laurie's Mom and they can share a laugh over the two crazy daughters they have.

Crossing the bridge myself one day and finding my Mom on the other side waiting for me is a painful and pleasant dream that I have.

And here is to my Dad - who played the role of both Mom and Dad very well. He passed away on Thanksgiving morning in 1988.

Thanks, Dad, for my sense of humor.......I didn't fall far from the tree.

And my love for you both never ceases.
    Last edited by gini; 09-28-2004 at 11:43 PM.

I am fortunate to still have both parents. This is for my Grandmaw, who I couldn't get myself to visit while she was dying in the hospital. It was just too much for me. I dreamed of her in a beautiful, colorful flowered dress. The colors were so vibrant. I told her that the dress looked much better than a hospital gown. I don't know whether it was a visit from her or a dream but it made me feel better.
    Also, to my dog Kammisar, who died when I was a teen. I am so sad because I really didn't realise how special he was. I was a cat person back then. I did raise him from a very tiny pup. Long story but because of a hateful neighbor, he hung himself when he jumped through the garage door window. I hope so much to see him again and let him know how special he is. He was the Duke of my teens. I hope no one thinks I'm silly for mentioning a dog when all the other comments have been about people.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

The problem with being "mature" is that all your aunts, uncles and parents are nearing the end of their journey here on earth while you enjoy the last half of your life. I've lost so many members of my family. Some I've been close to, others not. A few that stand out:

Dear Dad: I'm so sorry that you had to die alone in the hospital. I was on my way there but missed you by 15 min. and I still beat myself up for that. My compassion for others comes from you. When I observe the beauty in the trees, flowers or even the full moon I think of you because you taught me to appreciate nature. When I share a joke with others, you are on my mind because I inherited your sense of humour and like you, I believe that without good health, friends and family, you have nothing. I salute you Dad and can hardly wait to see you again.

Dear Grams: Your passing was very peaceful and joyous because you were 99 and had enough of this life. You were ready for the next RIDE. I was so happy to be able to say good-bye and be with you at that time. I cut off a lock of your snow-white curly hair and I keep it tucked away in a special box. From you I inherited your love to partee and sharing a drink with friends. My love of laughter also come from you. Grams, you would have had a great time at Gini's and I just know that you would have fit right in. You had such a hard life with unhappy marriages and yet you always had a smile on your face and a big hug for me. I look forward to returning that hug when I get there.

Dear cousin Jeanne: Your passing was very recent and I'm sorry I never got the chance to tell you how much I loved you. I hope you can hear me now. Thank you for the wonderful summers at your camp, thank you for teaching me how to waterski, and thank you for looking after me when I was 10 and Mom was in the hospital for so long. I just know that you and Dad are sharing stories and laughter.

Big {{{HUGS}}} to all the Pet Talkers. May this family continue to laugh together, cry together and enjoy a toast together. My wish is that when I'm gone, the partee will live on.
    Last edited by slick; 09-29-2004 at 05:58 AM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Thank you Richard for this memorial thread.

To my mother who passed on May 1st of this year. I miss you.

From Decker with Love

Richard,

This is a beautiful thread you started .......

To my Dad's parents - Gran and Grandpa - I never really got to know you like all my other cousins did, because I lived overseas, but I do think of you often.

To my Mum's Dad - who passed away before I was born. I know you are with me always. Thank you so much ....

To my darling spotty boy Leroy - we only had you a short while, but you are on my mind always.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Richard, I'm glad you started this thread and I'm glad it's not a usual Thursday.

I still have both my parents and all my aunts and uncles and all relatives that I'm close with - I'm very lucky.

One of the few people who I was close to who died was Peanut's first mom. Her name was Liz. She was one of my best friends. She was a loving, caring compassionate young woman, who had a bit of a wild streak in her. She so wanted to meet the right guy and start a family, but it just wasn't meant to be. She was hit and killed by a drunk driver on Mother's day 1989 when she was about 25 years old. The only way her only sister could be consoled was knowing that Liz was finally reunited with their mother who had passed away a few years earlier. She was a dear dear friend and I still miss her terribly. I've since lost touch with her sister, but I want to find her - soon - because I want to share Peanut with her before Peanut's time is up. I know her sister would appreciate knowing that Liz's adorable little kitten has led such a wonderful long life.

Another friend who died way before she should have is my best friend's sister. She was only 31 when she suffered a brain aneurisym (sp?) and didn't pull through. There are 3 sisters in this family and they were always very close. The death of the middle sister devastated the whole family. New life was celebrated though because the youngest sister had a baby a few months before. I still think about Marsha often and wish she was still here. Even though her sister was my best friend, Marsha was still a good friend to me also, and we shared so much as we were growing up. I still can't comprehend that she's gone.

And on a final note. Even though I still have both my parents, it is exactly 5 years ago today that I almost lost both of them in a horrible car accident. Actually they say my dad did die about 3 times, but they were able to bring him back. I will never forget the sinking feeling in my stomach as I listened to my Aunt on the phone, and the horrible feeling when I called my Dad's hospital(they were taken to separate hospitals) to find out how he was doing and they couldn't tell me whether he'd make it through the night or not. They have now recovered for the most part, but the accident is still a part of all of our lives. I thank God everyday that they both survived.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

To Mom: it's been 40 years since you left for the Rainbow Bridge but it still feels like yesterday to me.

Dad it's been 5 years since you made the journey. I know you are fishin all the best fishin holes in heaven with your best pals, my uncles who are there. I bet you and Mom and the entire family are having lots of campouts.

I am sending all my love to you both and all the family who are there. Please, hug, cuddle, and kiss all my animals that are there with you but don't spoil them TOO much, ok? I want to do that when I get there!

Love forever!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

in remenbrance

Richard, I join the others in saying that I thank you for starting this thread, I lost both of my parents: mom in 1997, and dad in 2000. I am still sad when I think of them. But Laurie, rest assured that your mom and my parents are looking down on us. Big {{{{HUGS}}}} to you, Laurie! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Our family have had two very sad losses within the last year. My cousin's wife died of breast cancer at 49. Very, very sad. I think it was the first time I had to attend a funeral where the person's parents were also there. Funerals are never happy occasions, but it must be terrible to attend your child's funeral. Although there is absolutely no reason why it can't happen, we always seem to feel that it is somehow unnatural, that the older people should go first, but that is not always the way it is.

Also last year, another of my cousins lost her five year old son. It completely devastated the rest of us, so I can't begin to imagine how that feels for his mother. Matthew was born with a heart condition and was going to have to undergo various operations as he grew, he had already had two operations in his lifetime. He was small for his age, but he was happy, lively and playful. He has left a gap in his family out of all proportion to his size.

It's not always morbid to talk about those we loved and are missing; sometimes it also helps us to remember just how lucky we are.

Thank you, Richard, for your decision this week.

I am fortunate that I have both of my parents, still with me. They are so special, wonderful grandparents to my children. My mother in law (who is a very special lady, too), plus my father in law and his wife, are all with us too. I'm so glad that our children can know their grandparents.

So, in a way, I'm rejoicing today, but also praying with all of those who have lost so many. My last grandparent, my sweet grandmother, Alma, left us almost 4 years ago, at age 93. The others died in 1967 (my Daddy Joe, Alma's husband), and 1990 (my "Nannie" and "Papa", who were my dad's parents). I just wish that they could have all known my husband and children. They were such an important part of my life. At least "GG" (Alma) did get to know Helen, Joe and Emily (my child and my sister's children).

Laurie, my thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend.

Logan