Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spaying my Chica, any advice?

Spaying my Chica, any advice?

Hi from Chica,
    She doesn't know yet, but October 8 is the day she will have surgery. The vets office told me she will have dissolvable stitches so she won't bite at it, and I will take her home the same day. Any advice?

Just keep her quiet and give her lots of love while she recovers! Good luck little Chica!!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Hi from Chica

Thank you Wolfchan! I'll do my very best!

When Bailey got spayed (for the second time. ) I put her in a room all by herself with a very soft blanket, and a small dish of water. She slept there for most of the night, and was almost back to her old self by the next morning. Give Chica lots of rest and a little TLC and she'll be fine. Good luck!

*Ask for additional pain medicine to calm her down and make sure there's no pain.

*Ask for an e-collar just in case she licks her suture site when she gets home

*Give her lots of love from us!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Hi from Chica

Thank you PJ's MOM, I will give her lots of TLC. She always sleeps with me at night. Do you think it will be allright if she is with me her first night? She will need me near her. It will give her comfort. Don't you think.

Originally posted by PJ's Mom
    When Bailey got spayed (for the second time. ) I put her in a room all by herself with a very soft blanket, and a small dish of water. She slept there for most of the night, and was almost back to her old self by the next morning. Give Chica lots of rest and a little TLC and she'll be fine. Good luck!

Hi from Chica

Hi, Thanks Noah'sMommy,
    I'll give her all the love from me and you!!!

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    *Ask for additional pain medicine to calm her down and make sure there's no pain.

*Ask for an e-collar just in case she licks her suture site when she gets home

*Give her lots of love from us!

She'll be fine if she's with you. It might even be where she prefers to be. Just don't let her jump on the bed, the couch, etc.

Hi PJ's Mom

Chica has a ramp to go up and down from my bed. She uses it all the time. So if she has to get up and go potty, that's what she might do. otherwise I'll pick her up and set her down to go potty when she has to go.
    She'll be fine if she's with you. It might even be where she prefers to be. Just don't let her jump on the bed, the couch, etc.
    My poor baby Will she have pain? I will ask the vet for some pain meds if she needs them. Let me know.

Your vet should send you home with pain meds. If not, ask him for some. Neither Peej or Bailey needed them, but I was so glad to have them, just in case.

Thanks

Thanks from Chica's mom!!!

Your vet should send you home with pain meds. If not, ask him for some. Neither Peej or Bailey needed them, but I was so glad to have them, just in case.
    I hope everything goes allright for Chica.

it will. She'll be back to her old self in no time.

They aren't in alot of pain for long usually, all of my dogs are female and all have been spayed. They are usually really in quite a bit of pain th first day when you bring them home and by the next day they usually feel quite a bit better. Some dogs throw up the first night but I don't remember why but usually it's nothing to worry about. I'm sure Chica will be fine ask your vet for some pain medication just incase you need it though. I only had to use it on my Dalmatian (we no longer have her) but none of the others needed it. although it's good to have just incase

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Thanks

Hi,
    Thanks for your help. Chica thanks you to.

Originally posted by Orangutango
    They aren't in alot of pain for long usually, all of my dogs are female and all have been spayed. They are usually really in quite a bit of pain th first day when you bring them home and by the next day they usually feel quite a bit better. Some dogs throw up the first night but I don't remember why but usually it's nothing to worry about. I'm sure Chica will be fine ask your vet for some pain medication just incase you need it though. I only had to use it on my Dalmatian (we no longer have her) but none of the others needed it. although it's good to have just incase
    Chica should do allright from what you say. She is only 6 months old and barely weighs 4 pounds. Because she is so small, I worry.

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Chica
    Hi,
    Thanks for your help. Chica thanks you to.

Chica should do allright from what you say. She is only 6 months old and barely weighs 4 pounds. Because she is so small, I worry.
    Yes she should be alright, I worried too when Tia my mini dachshund had to get spayed. She was only 6 months too and she weighed 4 1/2 pounds at the time. But everything turned out okay I think it's perfectly normal to worry about your fur baby when they have to have any kind of surgury, but in the long run it's better to spay or neuter your dog Thar's my opinion anyway.
    Last edited by Tollers-n-Dobes; 09-27-2004 at 09:03 PM.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller