Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storm Goes In For Another Urinalysis Tomorrow

Storm Goes In For Another Urinalysis Tomorrow

Hi everyone. Storm is finally back to his old self again. The antibiotics started causing him to have diarrhea, poor appetite, and vomiting too. He's going in to my vets tomorrow morning for another urinalysis. I sure hope that the vet will be able to tell me the reason why he was partially blocked and or the reason he had a UTI. I also want to know if I can do anything to prevent this from happening to my other furry boys. I'll update you as soon as I know anything. I think he'll probably need to be on a special diet. Please wish him well. Thanks.
    Last edited by krazyaboutkatz; 09-26-2004 at 11:01 PM.

Awww....Storm...I'll be praying for you buddy! I sure hope the vet has the answer to all of your UTI troubles!
    KAK, did the vet put Storm on any kind of UTI diet? Let us know how he's doing!
    **hugs**
    Karen

The emergency vet put him on Waltham S/O wet food mixed with his regular food for about a week and then said that he could eat his regular food. I'd rather that he wouldn't be put on wet food though because his brothers go crazy and also want to eat it. I'm hoping that if he needs a special diet that maybe all of my furkids will be able to eat the same thing.

Glad to hear that Storm is doing much better but at the same time, sorry that the anitibiotics played havoc on him.

I hope and pray that the vet is able to determine what is causing your UTI trouble Storm and that a change of diet is all that you need to prevent it from coming back.

Wishing you well Storm. Kisses and headbumpies to you handsome fella.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Good luck Storm. I'm sure you are very happy to have him back to his old self.

I hope the vet shed some light on why he had this problem.

From Decker with Love

Tracey, any news on Storm?? When do you get the results of urine test?

More prayers on the way and {{{HUGS}}} to you.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I was wondering the same thing Slick.

Hope all is well with Storm.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Update On Storm

Hi everyone. My vet thought he saw a couple of different crystals when he looked at his urine at his office but other than that everything looked fine. The lab results said that everything was fine except that his ph was a little high. The problem with lab tests is that by the time the urine gets to the lab, if the urine had any crystals in it they would have probably already dissappeared. You need fresh urine samples to test for crystals.

I'm just assuming that he has them so he's also going to be going on the Hills Precription c/d diet just like Cirrus. My vet said that this diet helps both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals which are the two most common types of crystals. Eventually I'll be putting all 4 cats on this as a preventative for crystals so hopefully I won't have to go through this terrible experience again. Storm will need to monitored and will probably need to have another urinalysis done in about a month or so. I may wait a bit longer depending on how he's doing.

He was a very good boy at the vets and everyone fell in love with him. When I went to pick him up, he sat on my lap in the waiting room as calm as could be and when he went back in his carrier he stretched out and relaxed like he was at home. I've never seen him so relaxed at the vets before. There were dogs barking and a lot of other noise but nothing seemed to bother him. Now hopefully he'll remain healthy on this new diet. Some cats that have calcium oxalates will still form them while on a special diet so he needs to be monitored.

Thanks everyone for your concerns.

Thanks for the update Tracey. I keep C/D on hand at all times in case I need it. Please give scritches to the furbabies for me.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Tracey, I think I will echo Slick's question................

I just hope that you have good news and solutions to these problems.

Hugs from Gini

I'm sorry I missed this thread. I hope Storm improves soon

I bet everyone fell in love with him at the clinic - he's a sweety
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Aww, Storm precious, I'm pleased to hear that you are feeling more like yourself. I hope it continues!

The girls send headbumpies.

Smokey the Elder was on C/D and loved it. It was the only food that could put weight on her.

Good luck with Storm!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I'm glad to hear Storm is doing so well. I like your idea of giving them all the c/d diet as a preventative measure. It certainly won't hurt them, and it'll give you much more peace of mind.

Storm at the vet reminds me of Tubby. He could really care less about all the activity in the Vet's office - except that he wants to be right in the middle of it. It's almost as if Storm is saying "yeah, been here, done this, no big deal."

Hope he got special treats (if he can still have treats) for being such a good boy.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Poor Storm! I hope he feels better and that he enjoys his new food.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...