While looking over the paper this morning I came across the following article. It started off by reporting the passing of a "cats on leashes" law which goes into effect in a local town in January. From there it goes on to cover the various shelters in my area and the statistics relative to the chance of survival for these sweeties who are turned in. Unfortunately my county has the worst euthanasia stats in the state of NJ. Occasionally someone will write on the Letters to the Editor page of the paper complaining of the "high" cost of adopting a shelter pet and being offended at the screening process. Fortunately these folks never take a pet home, but their fate seems not much better at the shelter according to these statistics. Only one of the shelters in my area is "no kill."

I just want to salute Aly and the many others who put in long days helping these animals have a chance at a happy home. I know it can take an emotional toll at times on these wonderful temporary guardians to see those whom they have cared for end up not finding a forever home. Thank you so much for your labors of love.
http://www.southjerseynews.com/issue...r/m122901f.htm