View Poll Results: Which do you prefer? See explanations below!

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • One large list - req'd to send to all

25 41.67%
  • One large list - not req'd to send to all

9 15.00%
  • Groups of DOG, CAT, PET people

6 10.00%
  • Randomly split groups of 10-20

20 33.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xmas Card List - HOW to arrange it!

Xmas Card List - HOW to arrange it!

There is currently discussion in this thread:

http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread....threadid=59252

Please vote on how you would prefer to do the Christmas list. I guess either way, there will be people left out.

Option 1:

Make a list with EVERYONE who wants to participate on it. Require that everyone who signs up sends a card to everybody on the list.

Option 2:

Make a list with EVERYONE who wants to participate on it. Don't require that people have to send to everyone on the list. Some people may send out bunches of cards and only get a few in return this way OR some may send out one or two and get tons in return.

Option 3:

Split the people who want to participate into DOG, CAT, and PET groups. So someone with dogs only would send only to the other people on the DOG list. People with multiple pets would either pick one group, or could sign up for all 3 if they wanted.

Option 4:

Randomly split everyone into groups of 10-20. Each group will be required to send to every other person in their specific group. You would receive a master list and could choose to send to a few friends in other groups if you choose.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I voted for Option 1. I don't think it's fair to do it any other way.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I didn't want to, but I had to choose option 4 Because my family can never afford to spend that much on anything except things that are really needed, especially around Christmas, I do wish I could send to everyone, however

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I voted for option 4 but I'll do it however you all decide!

I don't have time (or money!) to send out cards to everyone who would be on the list and if that's the way it ended up going, I'd have to respectfully back out. I think the second option is the best way to go.

Originally posted by Kfamr
    So did I
    Alyson

Kay--I think the others are still a bit more fair than not being able to do it at all because you can't spare the money.

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Originally posted by DogLover9501
    Kay--I think the others are still a bit more fair than not being able to do it at all because you can't spare the money.

I have to respectfully disagree. Like I said in the other thread -- what if those people who really want to send to the whole PT FAMILY do so, but only recieve 10-20 cards?

I just do not like our Pet Talk family being split up with things like this, nor do I think it's fair to those who want to participate and send to everyone.

If you can't spare the money and send to everyone, then possibly you can just get addresses of your close friends and send cards to them instead.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I voted for option 1.

Now...say you can't afford to send to the whole list. Then pick the people you DO want to send too and send them an email or a PM asking for their address and agree to swap X-mas cards. That way, you're sending to who you want and getting a card in return and only the two of you have to know about it.

~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Boy this is tough. I haven't voted yet because I'm waiting to see how everyone debates this out. I'm sure there are good/bads points for every option.

If the list is going to be split I think it's better to do it randomly than by dogs, cats, etc.

From Decker with Love

Even though I probably won't be able to participate if we have to send to everyone, I DID vote for Option 1.

I think thats the only fair way to do it...

I'll probably do what was suggested and ask for address of certain people and send cards to them, but with everything that is going on right now, I just wouldn't have the time or money to send to every single person that signs up.

Personally, I think any way its done, someone is going to have hurt feelings... but thats usually just the way things go.

However, I think if its going to be split up, then its better for it to be split randomly than for it to be done by the dog, cat, or pet groups of people.

I have to respectfully disagree. Like I said in the other thread -- what if those people who really want to send to the whole PT FAMILY do so, but only recieve 10-20 cards?

I just do not like our Pet Talk family being split up with things like this, nor do I think it's fair to those who want to participate and send to everyone.

If you can't spare the money and send to everyone, then possibly you can just get addresses of your close friends and send cards to them instead.
    I agree. I think it should be all or nothing. If you can't do all, do like Kay said and exchange addresses with the people you want to exchange with and let everyone else participate in a group exchange.

I don't think #2 should even be an option - it's just not fair. Say I spend a ton of money and time to send out to everyone, but others spend less than $5.00 and about an hours worth of time to send to only their friends - not fair, plain and simple.

I like the idea of splitting it up into dog, cat and pet, but that would be an awful lot of work for somebody to coordinate, so really, #1 is the only option.

Like others have said, if you don't have the money to send to all, just PM those who you wan to exchange with and make it a private thing. But if you're going to be part of the big list, it's all or nothing. In my opinion anyway.

Oh, and one last thought. Even though I don't spend much time on the dog side, I still enjoyed getting/sending cards to people I might not know that well. It gave me a chance to get to know them better and to maybe make a side trip over to the dog side to check their "kids" out. So my point is that even though you may not know somebody from the "other side" very well, I don't think it's a good enough reason to split the list up.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I'm just wondering ..... if the the list turns out to be 125 people, would you still send to everybody.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I don't *think* it'd be 125 people. If it is, I would send to all, BUT I couldn't do pictures and personalized messages in all of those. So I guess it would change things a little for me, but I'd still send to everyone.

If people want to, they can wait until just before the deadline to sign up. Then you can get an idea for how many people signed up. (Hopefully there wouldn't be like 30 people waiting til the last minute, hehe).

The first year, I think there were like 25 people on the list. Its been growing every year, but I don't think it'd jump to over 80 people just yet.
    Alyson