Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kitty Litter Reviews

Kitty Litter Reviews

Lizzylou's post inspired this thread, cause I recently tried new litter as well:

"World's best cat litter" made from corn (I think!) and I have mixed reviews:

-A+++++ for tracking: there is virtually no tracking outside the box which I love love love love love! Also, one bag of this litter goes alot further than a box of tidy cats.

However, it has a very strange odor...almost a sour smell, even with two litterbox cleanings a day.

So I am torn, I don't want to go back to Multi-cats cause it seems to track so much,and I go thru a ton of it, but I don't like the odor of "worlds best" one either.

Soooo...I thought I'd solicit the advice of the all-knowing PT'ers!!

What litter to all of you guys swear by?? I can't seem to find one I like!

I mix tidy and good mews it smells good and is really apsobant. (sp) Good mews is a recyclesd paper and cedar oil, but itds larger and cats not crazy about it so I layer it on bottom and then but Tidy cat on top. Now we are all happy except Winky who MUST go out side or he uses bathtub if he can't hold it any longer. Easy to clean but not my choice for him.

Fresh Step with blue & green cyrstals only for me! It clumps the hardest and has the best odor control of anything I have tried. Nothing else comes close.
    For tracking I keep a small whisk broom and dustpan and use it every time I scoop.

Thanks for the feedback! I haven't tried the crystal kitty litter yet, maybe I can mix that with the worlds best....hmmmm.....cedar oil huh? I bet that does smell good....

I actually used to keep the vaccum right next to the litterbox so when I scooped I could manage tracking too!

Thanks for the advice guys!

I love Fresh Step after years of being a Tidy Cat user. Sirrahbed, I agree it's the best for clumping. The odor control is excellant. It would even be better if Eleanor learned to bury. Her "deposits" can clear a room.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I don't care for the clumps , With 3 er 2 cats and a litter chomping dog it just doesn't work too well.

Oooh! What a good thread! I can't put any input in because I always just buy what's on sale (always scoopable) and I'm never quite happy with it. I would love if someone made a poll up so we can see exact votes on the best litter! (I would, but I don't even know what choices are out there.)

Thank you Wolfie!

We go through SOOOOOOOOOO much litter around here, it isn't even funny!! I sure wish someone would come up with something good that is also CHEAP!

We use the Wal_Mart brand scoopable and add some of the clay along with it, but I HATE clay litter. I sure wish I could win a lifetime supply of something like Fresh Step ...wouldn't that be awesome!!!?
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I will first start out by saying I HATE tidy cats. The few times I've gotten it I've just hated it, it doesn't clump every well at all. LOL I have to keep reminding myself how much I hate it because sometimes I forget and pick it up at the store then get upset because it doesn't clump well.

I usually use Scoop Away, I think it works well and keeps the other under control. My other two favorites are arm & hammer and fresh step.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I use misc. types here, for clay I like Cat's Pride, and for clumping either Wal-Mart's brand, Arm & Hammer usually anything except Cat's Pride brand of clumping. There's nothing like having the dust fly into your mouth, and nose from that stuff. It's like scooping baby powder...yuck! I'm not a fan of Tidy Cat either...any litter that comes out of the bag grey, ends up black in no time. Nothing like scooping mud.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I've been reading everyones good experiences with Fresh Step lately . . . I bought a box today. We had been using Tidy Cats but since we got the LitterMaid, we realize that Tidy Cats is HORRIBLE!!! It ALWAYS breaks up, never ever ever stays together . . . so hopefully this will work.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

I've been thinking of this a lot lately because Allen is so fussy, and Pouncer likes to fling it. Here's an article from Cat World regarding the different types and their benefits:
    http://www.catworld.co.uk/articlecat...Features&pre=0

Hope this helps someone

Originally posted by sirrahbed
    Fresh Step with blue & green cyrstals only for me! It clumps the hardest and has the best odor control of anything I have tried. Nothing else comes close.
    For tracking I keep a small whisk broom and dustpan and use it every time I scoop.
    We use Fresh Step as well.

For us it's Ultra Pearls. Best that I have found for oder control.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    First thing you should know about us is that we do NOT want any clumping type litter at all. (Our vet discourages the clumping kind because some kitties and doggies eat litter -- yuck -- and he has had to increasingly perform surgery on very ill pets with "concrete" in their stomachs and intestines).

So, we swear by a mixture of any cheapo clay litter and FELINE PINE. Our kitties love FELINE PINE and we love the way it absorbs odors.

BTW, we scoop and flush down the toilet. Our neighbors do the same and ended up with major plumbing bills when their clumping litter plugged the pipes.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.