Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millie cut a hole in her ear :(

Millie cut a hole in her ear :(

My poor sweet girl.

We were sitting out in the backyard after hubby finished working on the chainlink fence watching the dogs play, and I called Millie to come give me a kiss. Well she came running at me at top speed and ran into the rose bush by the pathway. She screamed bloody murder and when she finally got to me she was bleeding like a stuck pig. I mean there was blood everywhere. We were frantically trying to figure out where she had cut herself. I swear, as much as she was pumping out, I was looking along her side for a huge gash. There were drops of blood raining down everywhere on the patio, on us, and it seemed to be all over Millie.

We finally figured out that it was her ear and that every time she moved blood was going everywhere. I finally pinched the hole with my fingers and got her to stop bleeding, but every time she moved blood pumped out, especially when she shook her ears.

We took her inside with a half a roll of paper towels rapped around her head and I held her while Michael cut a sock to put on her head. We got the homemade snood on her and it stayed on pretty good, and along with the cone, kept her from flapping her ears and making it bleed. We called the vet and he had us put super glue on a small bit of cotton and stick it on her ear! Then we taped it up really well. So now the poor baby has a cotton ball super glued to her ear, then 5 layers of tape, then a tacky sock snood, and a degrading cone. He also advised that we should give her some of Abby’s leftover tranquilizers for the night. So now she’s also stoned and out of it. Steve said that the ears and tongue are the biggest bleeders and that if we can keep her from bleeding tonight and tomorrow, by Monday she should be safe to leave alone without coating the ceiling & walls in blood.

I have to say that there's a good reason that I don't have skin kids. There's no way I could keep it together when they got hurt. I freaked when I couldn't figure out where all that blood was coming from. Freaked. Freaked!!!

She asked that I not show you pictures, but this is PT and pics are required. She's asleep now so she'll never know.

She's not nearly as good a patient as Chester, but then he’s had way more practice.

So pics of my poor baby in her horrible getup are in the next post.

I'm not happy about this, Mom

Before the incident:

aww poor girl!! all that stuck around her ears Well atleast it stopped bleeding,and i hope she gets better soon!

Poor Millie. I'm so glad shes ok!!!!.

poor little thing!!!!
    How traumatic!!!
    I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers, Micki!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Those pictures are priceless. Poor beleaguered baby! Sneak her a kiss from me, right on her sleeping little nose. Awwwww

Thanks for your kind thoughts, all. Millie's not wanting to sleep and can't get comfortable (who could) with everything on her head. I'm in the other room and Michael's gone to bed with her. Chester and I will sleep in the guest room tonight.

We took the sock off and put on a knee high so she'd be cooler. (she's always hot) She looks even sadder now. It's awfully cute on her though.

I can't see any pics.

I hope Millie will be a good girl and her ear will be heal fast.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

Originally posted by jenfer
    I can't see any pics.
    Me neither I'll check back in the morning!

I hope Millie's ear gets better fast!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Poor Millie! What an ordeal!
    Sounds like Mommy and Daddy got you patched up nicely....sorry it's not conducive to sleep.
    Hopefully sweet Milie will heal quickly so she can get back to a cone-free lifestyle!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Poor millie. I hope you feel better soon.

Note: I can't see the pictures either.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Originally posted by jenfer
    I can't see any pics.

I hope Millie will be a good girl and her ear will be heal fast.
    Me either???? Can you resend????

Poor Millie!!! And how scary for you!!

I hope you guys got some rest last night. Good luck keeping Millie calm today. Fingers crossed her ear heals quickly!

Seems as IS is down so I can't see the pictures but I'm glad your little girl is doing ok
    Hmmm super glue & cottonballs...modern medicine is wonderful! That really was a great idea he had, I would have never ever thought of that.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Poor Millie! Nicki cut her ear once... ok, ok, truth is RB Sammie attacked her. Man the blood that poured from that teeny cut! I also know what you mean by not haivng skin kids. When Pouncer (I'm sorry to talk about a cat on the dog side ) fell and broke his paw, I was an absolute basket case. I knew that night that there was no way in the world I'd have been able to handle an accident involving a human child.

I hope Millie's ear has a chance to heal today and tomorrow so that she doesn't have to wear the homemade snood and cone. Poor thing.