Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millie the raccoon (pic)

Millie the raccoon (pic)

My parents live in a very rural part of San Diego county, and for the last about 8 years one raccoon has been visiting their porch at night. They've named her Millie. During the summers, she brings her litter of babies with her for water and some food. A few years ago she was injured. Despite healing well and still visiting on her own, she hasn't had a litter in a 2-3 years.

Last week my parents heard Millie's normal knock at the door and look who they found:

Millie had three babies! Aren't they cute? They won't be around much longer--in the past she has chased the babies away to find their own territory after weaning them. We're so glad that she shared her family with us!
    Oreo and Molly

How adorable! What a cutie... and a cute tradition!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

AWWW how lovely of Millie to come and show off her babies! Raccoons are SO CUTE!!!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

That is so cute! My neighbor rescued an injured raccoon a couple years ago and brought it home. I got to play with it and hold it and it would wrap its little paw around my finger and make that raccoon sound... my heart about melted.

They're so cute. I wish they were domesticated - I would own one in a heartbeat!

awww how sweet family

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

Awww how cute! I love raccoons
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

So sweet. There aren't any raccoons around here. I'm officially jealous

That's so neat. My Dad had a raccoon as a pet when he was young. He was an orphaned raccoon, and this was way back in the 30’s when they didn't have rescue & release. He lived for quite a long time according to my Dad, and was a troublemaker extraordinaire! My Grandmother couldn’t stand him cause he was always into everything.

How neat!!!! It reminds me of Sara's Shirley Squirrel, coming back, over and over It is so neat that Millie feels like this is her home and comes back to show off her newest babies each year!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing the precious picture and the story!!!

Oh gosh they are so cute! I just want to cuddle one!

Thanks for sharing the story and picture!

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

Very cute! As soon as I get all my pictues back I will post a pic of our racoon Bandit.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Millie and her babies are so cute! I saw a raccoon the other day while taking my walk at the park, it pretty much scared me though because it was daytime and there was a pretty good chance it had rabies then. I was quite afraid it would attack someone or me! They are beauitful animals though.

that is such a darling picture of millie and her offspring.....how nice that she is residing near you and comes to visit.

Awww!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

How cute!!! We occasionally see a family of raccoons in our neighborhood, at night. It seems strange that they would live in such a developed area, but the fact is, they do. Its kinda freaky if you're walking outside at night, and suddenly see 3 sets of glowing eyes looking at you right outside the gutter! But they are so cute! I saw a mama and her 4 babies about a week ago at night.