Thread: For Yorkster from Treybabe

For Yorkster from Treybabe

Yorkster:
    sorry can't post pics. Thanks for asking. Here are
    my 3 cats descriptions: Trey, domestic long
    hair who looks Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest
    rare calico. Fat cat. F 12 yrs. Gusty (Maine Coon Brown Classic
    tabby with white, F 3 yrs. Smaller MC, former showcat, pretty girl. Flying cat. LB(Little Boy) stray
    looks kind of Tonkineese. M 11 mos. Full of mischief. Fast cat.

Treybabe

[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: treybabe ]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I loved reading: Cat Stories by James Herriot who wrote the All Creatures Great and Small series.

Treybabe- Your cats sound beautiful! Have you submitted any of them for cat-of-the-day? I have not done mine yet, since I don't know how to at this time, but I am learning how to now (class). Anyway, here are my cats:
    1. Kedi (Turkish for cat), aka Boo-Boo, Pumpkin, Pretty-Boy, & Knuckle Head. He is 7 yrs. old, cream w/ orange markings, M. Coon & Himilayen mix.
    2. Wylie, aka Peeps, Rascal, The water boy. He is 10 months old, Orange & white, pure Maine Coon.

We also have a dog, so I am in the dog-chat a lot also. She is B. Collie/Lab mix, named Scout, 3 yrs. old. Have only had her 4 months or so now. I have ALWAYS had cats! Can not be without them.........
    I just noticed that you live in Washington- Yay!!!
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

Yorkster,

Your Maine Coon and Himalayan mix sounds interesting. No haven't submitted a picture of any of my babies. Don't have a scanner.

Yes, I live in western WA. near Hoodsport which is next to Hood Canal. You have passed through Hoodsport in a blink of an eye if you ever came N. on 101. I have taken the Kingston ferry to Edmonds when I go in that direction.

Huge forested area out here. Used to live in Anchorage and also Spokane.

I have a screened porch too which I call the cattery. Haven't had a dog for a few years but used to have a blue merle collie. Thanks for your reply.
    I loved reading: Cat Stories by James Herriot who wrote the All Creatures Great and Small series.

Hi Treybabe- I was just over by Hoodsport last weekend for my Aunty's 80th B. day party in Port Angeles (went accross the bridge). It is beautiful over there! I have been trying to talk my hubby into moving, but he is not going for it (yet).
    Funny you mentioned a screened-in porch, because that is our next project here. I saw a design in Cat Fancy magazine that I like- it doesn't look too much like a 'cage' and more like a nice porch, so it does double duty.
    Nice to talk to a fellow Washatonian, and hear about your cats! Take care.
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by yorkster:
    [QB]Hi Treybabe- I was just over by Hoodsport last weekend for my Aunty's 80th B. day party in Port Angeles (went accross the bridge). It is beautiful over there! I have been trying to talk my hubby into moving, but he is not going for it (yet).

Yorkster,
    It was a project alright. But both my husband and son are builders so worked on it last summer. Husband is
    retired but very active. So since moving here we screened in the deck and also built another enclosure -> a cattery with carpeted runs, big windows, and screened opening out back. It is beautiful today sunny
    but has been rainy. Are your cats indoors only? Your Pure MC sounds beautiful. Would be interested to hear where you got him but don't want to take up too much space on this.

Also we feed the night visitors - two racoons and a stray (British Shorthair) who drops by in the wee hours or earlier. Hard to believe she is a stray. Maybe just makes the rounds to the entire block. Not sure. Your aunt's
    80th birthday. How wonderful! Good luck with the project. Lucky kitties. Kennel for dogs or mainly indoors with walks?